Pages

Verse A Day

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Husband Encouragement Challenge Update

I blew it on the first day, so I started over on day 2.  Did anyone else blow it?  Please tell me i'm not the only one.. I can't say that I have been faithful at reading the daily encouragements, or that i'm faithful in telling someone else what I appreciate about Derek each day, but I can say that I am making it more of a priority each day to tell and show Derek how much he means to us and how much we appreciate all he does for our family.  I know there is no excuse, but things have really been busy around here!  I promise to focus more on this challenge now that things seem to be slowing down. 

Last week was busy, so busy that I almost feel like I blinked and 7+ days had passed.  On Monday last week, a close friends dad passed away.  It was so unexpected and sad seeing a childhood friend (still a close friend) lose a parent.  We are too young to lose our mom's and dad's.. is all I could think about. 

The funeral was last week Thursday, and Derek had to work, so I brought the boys to a friends daycare so that I could go to the funeral with my mom and not have the boys to worry about.  It was Brigham's first day having a babysitter (other than family) and he did so good!  He even napped for her, which I thought would never happen! 

Babysitting here and there is going great!  It's perfect for me.  Some weeks I don't have any kids, and then other weeks I am busy with it 2-3 days a week!  Yesterday I had 5 kids, plus my own 2.  It was the first day I had gotten asked to watch a few families on the same day, and it went great!  The day went fast and all the kids were really good.  I had a 5 year old girl here so I brought out my Barbies from when I was a little girl!  So much fun!

Brigham had a few nights of waking up this last week, but is now sleeping through again the past few nights. His upper gums are so white and swollen so I am checking his mouth daily for new teeth! So far he still just has the 2 on the bottom.             

Today is a quiet day! It feels so good to have a day of absolutely nothing planned!  Derek was home this morning, and then got called into work for a few hours.  I HATE when that happens, but that's his line of work, so I won't say anymore.  I'm just thankful it's only a few hours.  Boston was so bummed that Derek had to leave.  He loves having his daddy around to wrestle with!  Sunday afternoon my talented friend Tracy Pollard took our family photo's!  The ones I have seen so far are absolutely awesome!  She does such great work, but i'm sure it's hard to get a bad picture with such a good looking family :) 

That pretty much sums up the last week or so.  Busy, busy, busy!  I'm off to read through the GEMS lesson for tonight!  I am very excited for the start of the year.  The 4th grade girls are a fun bunch! 

Prayers for a Blessed week for each of you!

My boys get their handsome-ness from their daddy!  Go BREWERS!!!
 Boston likes to crawl up in the crib and snuggle with Brigham when he wakes up from his naps.

 He is SO smiley!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...