Fab Five-By Jason Gerdes
As I unscramble my thoughts thinking about what to write,
What I am truly thankful for on this chilly November night.
My thoughts come together to make five tiny words,
Boston, Brigham, Jeremiah, Grace, and Izzy, five little Gerds.
Not being able to have kids has been tough on Shana and me,
We know its all part of God’s plan, whatever that may be.
Being parents someday is something we will always want,
But right now God’s given us the chance to be an uncle and aunt.
We feel so blessed that were able to share in there lives every day,
Whether its reading blogs about them or watching them when they play.
Boston is the oldest, the born leader of this energetic pack,
Who loves to get down and wrestle, always on the attack.
He is a ball of energy, with a little swagger when he walks,
With an uncanny sense of humor that you hear when he talks.
Jeremiah is next in line on the nieces and nephews family tree,
He has two best friends, Buzz and the ever loveable Woody.
His laugh is so precious, we love hearing his voice on the phone,
Watching him play with Reggie, as he goes and fetches his bone.
Born just over eight months ago is sweet little Isabelle Mae,
She’s growing up so fast that you see something new each day.
Just by turning your head she will have crawled across the room,
Before you’ll know it, she’ll be walking down the aisle with a groom.
Two weeks after Izzy was born, along came little Brigs,
Who has his fathers eyes and the calmness of papa Jigs.
Having both parents in his corner, his future looks very bright,
He just has to figure out that its OK to sleep through the night.
That leaves us with Grace, the youngest of the Fab Five,
Born three weeks early and happy to say, she’s healthy and alive.
We are extremely excited and looking forward to the day,
When Grace finally gets to meet her aunt Shana and uncle Ja.
Being the oldest in my family, and not having any kids yet,
Means only one thing, at Christmas more gifts they will get.
We may spoil them a little bit, its what we want to do,
Until that day of joy comes when we’ll be parents too.
We are very thankful for the parents of our nieces and nephews,
We know our time will come, when we can walk in their shoes.
In the spirit of this joyful season, we would like to say,
Give thanks for the blessings Gods given you on this Thanksgiving Day
As I read this poem yesterday, tears trickled down my face. Being a mother, and being able to easily get pregnant and have my own babies is something I have taken for granted at times. My heart aches for my brother in-law and sister in-law (Jason & Shana Gerdes) as they wait patiently for God to place a child in their arms through adoption. I can't imagine how hard it was for them to watch all of us add babies to our families this year when they so badly want that for themselves.
Here is a picture of some of the things I have put together & have on hand. I am hoping to get some donated fabric, ribbon & old t-shirts in the near future so that I can try out new flowers, have a variety of colors to chose from & have LOTS of clips on hand! If you are interested in donating supplies or purchasing some clips, please message me! I can be reached very easily via my email, blog or facebook.
All clips are $5 and ALL of the money earned will go to Jason & Shana to use for their adoption. Please pass this along to anyone you know that may be interested. If I can't keep up making flowers on my own I may be looking for some help!
This was my first attempt at a t-shirt headband & flower! I can't wait to try these out on my nieces!
Just read this again and noticed your comment above the headband flower... "Can't wait to try these out on my nieces..." We can't wait either :)
ReplyDelete