I saw a girl standing at the stoplight near Walmart & Louise with a sign that read:
'Life is hard sometimes, but you do what you got to do.'
Normally I drive right by. Or I think thoughts in my head like 'Get a job, the rest of us work!', or 'I'm sure she'll use all that money on drugs or alcohol at the end of the day.' I have never once given money to someone on the side of the road.
Today was different. I sat at the red light, 2 cars back, and something about the look in her eyes just tugged at my heart. I quickly grabbed my wallet and looked for some cash. I hardly ever have cash on me, but today I did. I grabbed all the cash out of my wallet, waved it at her, and rolled down my passenger window. She came up to the window, took the cash and said 'Thank you mam. Have a nice day.'
I looked her in the eye's and said 'God Bless You' and drove off.
I turned the corner with tears in my eyes and headed for home. I am so Blessed to have what I have. I can't imagine a life without my own home, a warm bed, clean clothes, or food in the fridge. Unfortunately, this poor girl standing outside today probably didn't imagine her life being this way either. She had a backpack sitting on the ground next to her. That could very well be ALL she has.
The Holiday's are upon us, and there are so many ways to give to those in need. If you are Blessed like I am, consider reaching out this Holiday Season to those less fortunate.
I promise you, it'll make your heart feel good.
Day #7 My Home. It's warm & full of love, and it is a privilege to have clean clothes to fold.
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
No comments:
Post a Comment