Pages

Verse A Day

Sunday, November 27, 2011

My plate is full.

I love being a stay at home mom, I really do, but lately I have felt so overwhelmed with my duties.  I just feel like my plate is full and that life is so crazy busy.  One day leads to the next, and a week passes by faster than I ever imagined possible.  I've been in a funk too, overly crabby and on edge.  These past few days I have felt like it's been at it's worst and I have been racking my brain to figure out how I can simplify the craziness, if that is even possible. 

The first few months of being a stay at home mom, I loved being home.  Brigham was a newborn, so I loved not having to leave the house for days at a time if we didn't want too.  As he got a bit older though, and as the adjustment to 2 kids had calmed, the days at home got a little long.  It didn't take long for me to find plenty of groups to join, kids to babysit, or activities to get involved in, as our church is very good about these types of ministries.  Now though, I feel like I am over-committed and I am wanting the simpleness back. 

The Holidays always seem to bring on a little extra anxiety for me.  Shopping for the oodles of gifts we have to buy & the financial burden that it can bring.  Trying to get the best deal and buy that perfect gift for the lucky person whose name you have.  The decorating and going from one family get together to the next.  It's just a lot..

On top of all of this craziness, I feel God calling me to reach out in different ways but I have NO idea where I am supposed to find the time for it.  I'm whining I know.  I chose this stay at home mom life, and even though right. this. very. second. I am thinking working a full time job and finding daycare for the boys would be easier, I wouldn't do it.  This blog entry really has no beginning or end.  It was for me to vent, to be honest with myself & everyone reading that I feel like I'm spinning in circles.  I am sure there are other who feel the exact same, or who are even busier than I am.  I really just felt like today it finally hit me.  I have taken on too many things, have started too many projects and have an unrealistic expectation that I can accomplish everything while still trying to be my best for my husband and kids.  I have decided to try and simplify things, prioritize my projects & goals and find a balance with my time at home, babysitting & extra curricular activities.  I just did the 25 Days Of Thanks project, and to be honest, I feel like I have over looked so many Blessings lately because of the chaos. 

Goal for December:  Relax.  Enjoy. & Love every single minute of every day.  If I feel like my weekly calendar is looking a little crazy, it's my own fault and up to me to simplify it for the next week.  If I don't post any new recipe's for a month, or my Crafternoon's seem to have come to a halt, it's not that I'm locked up in a treatment center for that addiction I've talked about, it's because I'm taking a little extra time for ME. 

P.S.  Honey, if your reading this, I won that silly little poll I posted on our blog. 28- 5 :)  Looks like from now on you'll be going in and ordering your own sandwich, or you'll be writing down specific instructions on how you'd like yours done.  Love ya!   

 

1 comment:

  1. I tried your Zesty Slowcooker BBQ Chicken recipe last night and it was great. thanks for passing it on. Have a great day
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...