On Friday evening we headed to Spicer, MN to Green Lake! Our friend Courtney's parents have a lake home that they graciously let us stay in! This was our first time at their new home and it is beautiful, and such a great set up for a large group of adults & kids! It was our family, the Schelhaas' and the Dekker's clan. We ate tons of good food, played games, went sledding, took naps, the kids all played the iPad's (thank goodness we all had them or it would have been a battle!) told ghost stories with the kids and rang in the New Year with a lot of laughs. I am quite exhausted today! I was up way past my normal bed time two nights in a row, and then last night Brigham was up on and off from 12-4 with a temp. He is cutting his 8th tooth and just isn't feeling well. I am hoping there are a few opportunities for a nap today!
A big Saturday morning breakfast, and men working in the kitchen...
It can't get much better than this!
One of Boston's favorite things about the weekend was eating. I told him we eat at home, and he said 'No Mom, I meant it was fun eating with other kids!'. :)
Hadley Dekkers
Boston
Ryleigh Schelhaas
Brody Schelhaas
Hudsyn Dekkers & Brigham playing toys.
The view of the lake was beautiful!
After breakfast, Hadley & Derek sang & danced for everyone. Hadley is quite the entertainer!
After breakfast, Tyler & Jay headed out to buy sleds for the kids!
Derek giving Boston a push down the hill.
B loved it!
Brody was heading right for Sonny!
I think this was an intentional wipe out. Rolling down the hill was just as fun!
Hadley & Ryleigh
Boston racing the girls!
I was completely terrified of the frozen lake, so Boston only got to go out in the ankle deep area. He still thought it was awesome to slip around!
Brigham saw snow for the 1st time, and he didn't like it!
Brigham went sledding too.
Boston & Brody racing. After an hour the snow had melted away and they were sledding on slushy grass :)
Laura made all the kids a snowball to throw at Tyler!
They surprised him!
I think he was scared :)
After hours of playing, naps, chilli and oodles of other things to eat, we all sat around the living room telling 'kid friendly' ghost stories. It was so fun!
And before the kids went to bed they all had some sparkling grape juice and said 'Cheers!'.
Ringing in the New Year making memories with friends & our kids, is my kind of party!
No comments:
Post a Comment