Pages

Verse A Day

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Farewell Jaxon. Farewell.

It was spring of 2003.  I was single and living with my sister in Colman.  At that point in my life I didn't think many of my decisions through, and for some crazy ass reason, I woke up that day determined  I was buying a dog.  This little furry black & white fluff ball caught my eye at Mini Critters.  I was broke as hell, but still thought spending $350 on a dog, and another hundred or so on supplies was a wise idea.  Obviously not the smartest thing I have ever done, but I'm so glad I did it now.   
Jaxon went everywhere with me.  He was my baby long before I had real babies.
We took Christmas pictures together..
 And I dressed him up.  He hated it.

Jaxon and I were a family....until this guy came along.  Jaxon has never been real fond of Derek, but it's ok, Derek has never really liked Jaxon either.  You'd never know that from the pictures though.  I'm pretty sure Derek pretended to love my dog for brownie points. 
 And then in the fall of 2005, we found out we were having a baby. Jaxon sensed there was going to be some changes. He snuggled my baby belly all the time.  Almost like he knew the little human growing inside of me was going to take over being #1 in my world.
When Boston was born and we were in the hospital for 3 days, I was so worried about Jaxon being home alone that I sent Derek home every night to stay with him.  Jaxon loved to sleep under Boston's crib.  He was very protective of him, and would growl if anyone would come in his room.  
One of Boston's first words was Jax. 


And then in 2011, this little fella came along.  Jaxon didn't really notice there was another baby in the house.  He had already been through it once, so to him, it really didn't seem like a big deal.  As soon as Brigs realized there was a furry 4 legged creature running around our house, they were friends.  Brigs even figured out how to let him out of his kennel.   


 
The boys will miss playing in his dog kennel and dumping the food and water dishes all over. 
I will miss him cleaning up all of the crumbs from my kitchen floor.



Derek always said Jaxon wasn't a very smart dog, but I disagree.  He knew Derek didn't like him.. so he chose to nap right on his pillow when he wasn't home.
Jaxon has been a part of my life for almost 9 years.  He tagged along on family vacations, cuddled with us when we were sick or having sleepovers, was a part of Christmas card pictures, loved being outside with us in the summer and was a trooper when I would dress him up for Halloween. 




Even though he was a money pit and a huge pain in my ass some days, I am gonna miss him like crazy, and so will my boys.    


 
These last few days have been so hard, and a lot of tears have been shed.  Life around the house will be different without our dog, but I truly feel like Jaxon deserves this, no matter how shitty it makes me feel.  So instead of saying 'Goodbye Jaxon.', I say 'Farewell'.

 
   
Farewell; Goodbye, may you fare well.  An expression of good wishes at parting. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...