Anyway, when school was out at 11, Brigham was still at Billion. We stopped by to pick him up and he was with the receptionist. I think he got passed around to a few of the office ladies too. Thank goodness he is not a shy baby! The girls said he just smiled the whole time. Choas yes, but I was so glad I could be a part of Boston's preschool party. Derek was finished up with his customer by this time, so he was able to join the boys and I for lunch. We went to Phillips Ave. Diner. It's one of our favorite lunch spots with Derek!
My good looking Valentines!
Brigs was super tired. He slept right through lunch! It was very peaceful :)
After lunch, we dropped Derek off at work and then headed to our 'surprise fun place'! I told Boston that I had a special afternoon planned, but I wouldn't tell him where we were going!
I had him pull his hat over his eyes when we got a few blocks from our destination..
The surprise was the Dino-Roar exhibit at the Zoo! It worked out perfect because our zoo membership was expiring in 4 days, and with the membership we only had to pay $3/person!
At first Boston was scared of them! I kept telling him to 'toughen up' and that they weren't real!
Brigham wasn't sure what to think of the dinosaurs either!
I'm afraid playing around inside the museum was the most fun for them!
Brigs is now starting to run.. I am one BUSY mama chasing him!
After our trip to the zoo, we stopped by church to deliver Grandma Glady her Valentine card. Boston made it all himself. It says: 'Grandma, I am happy you are getting married!' That's right, Grandma Glady and Les are tying the knot! June 1st is the big day, and we are very happy for them! Boston was a little sad when Glady told him the news on Monday night. In his mind it meant she was replacing his Papa. He was full of tears and said 'But Papa is my Grandpa, not Les'. It was heartbreaking, but after Derek and I talked with him, he got over it and now thinks it's pretty cool his Grandma won't be alone. Les is VERY good with the kids, and Boston enjoys having him around. Boston is very concerned about what to 'call' Les. Derek said 'How about you call him Lester for now, and then if you want to call him Grandpa some day that's fine too.' :)
And after delivering Grandma her Valentine, we made a stop at Burger King for some ice cream and to give Shana (it was for Ja too!) her Valentine card! It was a fun day! I love spending time with my boys, so it was a perfect Valentines Day!
Derek surprised me with flowers when he got home from work. To: Our Girl, From: Your Boys.
I am one very luck lady!
Chloe would probably be screaming her head off if she got passed around. We're blessed with such shy girls :) The car business is so lovely sometimes!
ReplyDelete