Pages

Verse A Day

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Slow Cooker Potato Soup

I have a trend going..  another slow cooker recipe!  I found the recipe here.  Mama Loves Food might be a favorite site of mine!

The first word that came to my mind when Derek walked in the door from work was:  Redic!  I felt like I was eating a Loaded Baked Potato Soup from Chilli's.  No lie.  It was that good.  I couldn't even wait for him to get home from work before we started eating.  Brigham even loved it, and I can hardly get him to eat a thing!  The garnishments are a must!

Slow Cooker Potato Soup
  • 5 pounds russet potatoes.  Wash them, but do not peel.  Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
  • 1 diced medium yellow onion
  • 10 cloves of garlic, minced or 5 teaspoon's of jarred Garlic. *I used jarred.
  • 64 ounces (8 cups) chicken stock or broth.  *I had to ask my friend Renae how I would buy this.  She kindly told me that I could buy it in a can, or just use Chicken Bouillon cubes and make my own.  Who knew those cube things in my cupboard made broth?!  I always just thought they were used for flavoring in recipes :)
  • 16 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1 tablespoon seasoned salt *I used Lawry's
  • Garnishes: Crumbled Bacon, Shredded Cheddar & Green Onions
1.  Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning, and chicken broth to slow cooker.
2.  Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
3.  Add the softened cream cheese & puree about 1/3 of the soup.  *I used my upright blender and put both cream cheeses into the blender with 1/3 of the soup mixture.  It blended up nicely! 
4.  Add puree mixture back in the slow cooker & stir well.  Top with garnishes!

 At first I thought a whole medium sized onion would be too much, but I didn't think it was too 'onion-y' at all!
 The blender still works!  It hadn't been used in 5+ years.

 Oh. My. Goodness.  So delicious!
 Brigham was so crabby today, but Boston managed to get him to stop crying/screaming for a few minutes while I got all the goodies in the slow cooker!  Brigs loves playing 'Where's Brother!?'
 They just giggled at each other! 
 And after a few minutes of the game, he was back to crying/screaming.  He perked up after I fed him the soup though :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL - loved that you included how you asked about chicken bullion. didn't know you were making that when you text! glad i could help. this soup looks SO good! might have to add it to the march menu.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...