Pages

Verse A Day

Sunday, March 18, 2012

'Get Your Wheels A Rollin..'

Last night, Derek and I took Boston to Carousel Skate while Brigs stayed home with Jason & Shana.  This was the first time in a long time that we had done something special with just Boston, so it was fun for all of us! 

When Derek and I were divorced, my cousin and I took Boston roller skating.  He was only 3 at the time, so we spent most of the time dragging him around the rink, one of us on each side of him.  Well, last night wasn't much different :)  He just isn't real graceful on wheels!  He did get much better towards the end of the night, but still preferred the carpet over the rink!  I'm thinking a pair of roller blades would be a great birthday gift this summer.  As much as I loved Keisha being a part of Boston's 1st roller skating experience a few years ago, it was much more fun being there as a family last night!
    
Derek and I each took turns skating around while the other helped Boston or sat by him while he watched.  Skating around really took me back in time!  We LIVED to roller skate when I was a young girl.  Almost everyone celebrated their birthday at the rink, and we took many school and church trips roller skating.  I do believe that Derek and I may have been the oldest people there last night.  There were lots of young kids zipping around and lots of girls flirting with the boys.  I just had to laugh because that's exactly what I did.  Derek and I skated together for 'couples skate' while B sat and watched us.  It was fun, and also a first for us!  Derek asked me if I wanted him to buy me an 'Atomic Fireball'.  I was confused at first and then he said it was what he always bought the girls he liked when he would roller skate as a kid.  :)

We ended the night at the Pizza Ranch!  Boston got to choose where we went.  He was debating between The Keg, Burger King & Pizza Ranch... He is so much like his dad! 






They may not have served green beer at Carousel Skate, but I couldn't think of a better way to have spent St. Patty's Day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...