Egg Bake- Courtesy of Renae Elgersma
12 eggs
1 lb. sausage (browned), bacon (cooked) or cubed ham. (I used sausage)
4 c. shredded hashbrowns or potatoes o'brien. (I used cubed potatoes o'brien with some red pepper & onions mixed in for extra flavor!)
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 1/2 c. milk
1. Thaw potatoes so they are not completely frozen.
2. Cook meat and mix with potatoes. Spread on bottom of greased 9x13 pan.
3. Beat eggs until frothy and add milk. Mix thoroughly and pour evenly over mixture in pan.
4. Bake at 350 for one hour, or until knife comes out clean!
I made this up the night before (threw the potatoes into the mixture frozen) and kept it in the fridge overnight. It baked up great in one hour. I love that you can get it together the night before! Less work in the morning :)
Pecan Praline Baked French Toast- Courtesy of Sandra Wollman (originally found here)
1 loaf French bread (13 to 16 ounces)
8 large eggs
2 cups half-and-half
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Dash salt
Praline Topping, recipe follows
Maple syrup
Slice French bread inch into 1 inch pieces. Arrange
slices in a generously buttered 9 by 13-inch flat baking dish in 2 rows,
overlapping the slices. I had a few extra slices that didn't fit in the 9x13 so I also used a 8x8 dish. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, milk,
sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and beat with a rotary beater or
whisk until blended but not too bubbly. Pour mixture over the bread slices,
making sure all are covered evenly with the milk-egg mixture. Spoon some of the
mixture in between the slices. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, preheat oven to 350, and mix up the Praline Topping.Praline Topping:
1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well. Makes enough for Baked French Toast Casserole.
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well. Makes enough for Baked French Toast Casserole.
Spread Praline Topping evenly over the bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden. Serve with maple syrup.
* I think I put too much egg mixture in between the slices, as some were a little moist when I served it. The next time I make it I may not be as generous with the egg mixture and just dump what is left.
No comments:
Post a Comment