Pages

Verse A Day

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pheasants Game!

Boston's baseball team had the opportunity to be a part of the Pheasants baseball game on June 26th! (I am way behind with this post!)  The kids got to warm up with the players, have their names announced & faces on the big screen & run out to a position with the players & stand with them for the National Anthem.  Boston thought it was pretty awesome!  It was a really neat thing for him and his team to be a part of.

I wasn't going to even bring this up, but lets face it..  this is a real part of this event, and I don't ever want to sugarcoat things.  We are real people, and not everything goes perfectly. 

I had a moment at the baseball game.  I even cried.  It was super embarrassing and I tried to fight tears when I was around people I knew, but sometimes when I am having a moment (meltdown) the tears just don't stop.  I bought tickets for our family (grandparents too) weeks before the game.  It was on the calendar for weeks too.  A big deal for Boston, and a fun night out of the house for all of us.  Together. As a family.  I was really looking forward to it!  Derek got several text messages and phone call reminders throughout the day about what time he needed to meet me at the stadium.  Please tell me other husbands need constant reminders too?  :) 

'Honey, don't forget Boston's teams has their night at the Pheasants game.  Yep, meet me there at 6.'  All. Day. Long. I planned for Derek to be there.  We get to the game and wait..  I text Derek the 'Where the hell are you?' message because by then he's 20 minutes late and I am pissed.  Trying not to let on to everyone around me that I am livid, but sometimes that is hard to hide too. 

I get a reply: 'Sorry honey.  I'll be there as soon as I can.  I am trying to wrap up a deal'. 

My extremely angry self is thinking.. You've got to be kidding me.  You mean to tell me that you have to wrap up a deal NOW?  You work 50+ hours a week, and the kids and I need you for 3 of those 50+ hours this week and you can't make it?  You knew all. day. long. that this was on the calendar.  I hate your job.  I hate it.  Your quitting and I am getting a full time job.  We'll both work Monday through Friday 8-5, like a 'normal' family.  This single-mom stuff at all of Boston's events is just getting old.  I can't do it anymore.  It's 100 degrees outside, Brigham won't stop whining and I can't even take pictures and enjoy Boston's night because your NOT here to help me. 

Derek's deal wrapped up about 9 o'clock that night.  He missed the entire thing.  I couldn't handle Brigham's whining, and was having a hard time keeping my emotions in check, so I left the game after an hour.  Boston got to stay with Grandma Glady and Grandpa Les and enjoy the game with his friends.  I am very thankful we had invited the grandparents to come! He had so much fun being their with his team, and came home with a game ball, and couldn't stop talking about all of the snacks Grandpa Les bought him!

Now that the night has come and gone, I am over it.  Being married to someone in the car business isn't always fun, but we keep on, keeping on.  We are working at a better balance of family life and work.  I have a good friend who knows this business well, so we vent to each other a lot when it's trying.  She's always good about reminding me to think of the positive in a not-so-positive situation. 

Brigs watching his big brother on the field!
All of the kids warming up on the field.
 Waiting patiently to run onto the field!  I love how his little ears stick out when he wears a hat :)
 Boston is #9
 When the camera got to him he put on a 'mean face' for the big screen!  It was hilarious.
 Standing at 2nd base with a few players.
Boston trying to talk to one of the players during the National Anthem.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...