A few comparission pictures of me & Brigs at the same age.
Brigham is changing every day! He is understanding so much, and I feel like he is learning something new each week. When they go from needing to be carried everywhere, to wanting to walk into stores holding your hand.. your know your baby is growing up. He is 16 months today!
- If I ask him to go and get something (Elmo, tractor, any animal, blanket, cup, shoes) he will go and bring it to me.
- If I tell him it's bath time he runs to the bathroom. If we say downstairs he goes right to the steps and starts sliding down! And if we say lets go on a walk or go outside, he runs to find shoes!
- He knows to sit down to put his shoes on, and has started to grab his own shirts and shoes to try and get them on himself.
- He is still as petite as ever and won't eat much at meal times, but he definitely knows where to find the snacks!
- At bed time he will give Derek and Boston a kiss and hug, grab his blanket and walk with me to his room. It's the sweetest thing ever.
- He knows how to fold his hands to pray at meal time and bed time, and then claps after you say Amen! I am trying to get him to close his eyes when we pray, but he just bows his head down and smiles at everyone.
- He can recognize farm animals and zoo animals thanks to his Little People's Farm & Noah's Ark sets!
- We are still transitioning out of 2 naps a day. I would guess that half of the week he does, and half of the week he doesn't. Some mornings he is just way too crabby to keep up.
- He still sucks his fingers and loves his blankets. If he is sleepy he will grab his blanket and curl up on the floor somewhere to suck his fingers. He's never fallen asleep on the floor though!
- Bed time is still 7-8 PM, and he is up around 7. I never set my alarm for babysitting in the mornings as Brigham is my alarm clock. If he ever decides to sleep in some morning I may be in trouble!
One thing that both of our boys got from their mama is their love for a blankie! Brigs also sucks his fingers, which was another mama thing. A few weeks ago he had a little melt down about me taking his blanket away during lunch..
'I just wanna cuddle it mama'.
Brigham sees the little daycare girls pushing around babies in the stroller, so he likes to do it too!
I think this is one of my favorite pictures of him lately! He has the cutest smile & a new haircut!
He loves to watch Sesame Street. It's really the only time he will sit still and be quiet for any length of time.
He loves freeze pops but it gets juice e.v.e.r.y. where, so we decided fruit bars are less mess!
Brigs, you light up our world! You have the silliest personality and your smile & big blue eyes are enough to wrap anyone around your little fingers! It is truly a blessing to be home with you each and every day to watch you grow!


No comments:
Post a Comment