In June & July, I covered for a daycare providers maternity leave and had 3 families during that 6 weeks. Every single one of the kids was a joy to have around! One of the families is sticking around for good, but we will sure miss the others! In June, I also took on another permanent part-time family and two more families start in August. The calendar will be a bit crazy until we get into a good groove, especially with school starting too! Boston & 3 of the daycare kids will be attending school at Sioux Falls Christian. Not one of them has the same school schedule, so keeping track of that may be a challenge. It's a good thing I have excellent organizational skills :)
One year after this part time gig started, I have 4 permanent part time families and a busy calendar! Just in the last 2 days, I have turned away 3 families. I was telling a friend yesterday that getting calls to take on more families is a good thing and a bad thing! I feel so bad saying no, but it also makes me feel great that my name is out there in a positive way! All the kids have a special place in my heart & I hope I am just as much of a blessing to them! I wanted to share a few of my favorite pictures of the extra kiddo's we've had around!
Boston & Kinli enjoying a picnic on the deck!
Brigs & Bennett
Jada & Boston getting wet!
Chloe & Brigs. I hope these 2 get married some day :)
This is Owen! He & his sister Gracie started coming in June. He & Boston instantly became best buds.
Gracie. It's so fun having girls around once in awhile!
I promise I give kids naps here! These 2 goofs love their blankets, and were patiently waiting for nap time.
The Elgersma girls & Gerdes boys.
This little guy & his sister Nya (who I never got a picture of!) came a few times during the maternity leave I covered. I was Brecken's first babysitter other than family! Handsome little man and such a good baby! His sister is just as cute:) I wish I had an extra set of eyes & arms so I could keep watching all of them!
Ethan is one of Boston's favorites.. and mine too :)
95% of the time, all of the kids play great together!
We have lots of fun, and it's so sweet seeing all the little friendships form!
A friend of mine from church is closing her daycare in a few weeks. She had an amazing daycare blog that I loved to follow! There were days I wished I was going to her daycare! I have a hard enough time keeping up on our family blog, so I won't even attempt a daycare blog too, however, I will journal about all the kids once in awhile. Until next time, we'll be busy building forts, racing cars, going on scavenger hunts, running through the sprinkler or playing 'Target' store :)
No comments:
Post a Comment