Pages

Verse A Day

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Front Door Craft!

I haven't done anything crafty since we moved, and I was missing it!  I have all of these wild ideas saved on my Pinterest boards, but no time these days to get at them.  One of the crafts on the top of my to-do list was to make a front door hanging with the letter G.  Ya know, for Gerdes. :)

I found several different versions on Pinterest, but my favorite was this one.  I loved that it was simple.  My plan was to find a font I liked for my letter G, draw it out on a piece of plywood and have my dad cut it out for me.  I just couldn't find a font I liked, and saw a letter G at Hobby Lobby on Monday that I thought was perfect for this craft, and only $4!

The letter I bought was black, so I bought some paint ($1) and some burlap on a roll ($5).  I roughed up the paint with some sand paper so that it looked worn, and then made up some fabric flowers to glue on.  The same fabric flowers I made for the hair clips, so I already had the fabric!  I was pretty impressed with how it turned out..



I sent a picture of the finished product to Derek & my friend Tracy..they both replied that it was ugly!  Ugh, talk about a disappointment!  So after some feedback, I decided maybe it was a bit too small for the door and took it down.  Then I saw this idea and remembered I had a few wreaths in the basement, so I took one of them apart and did some more crafting.  This is the new finished product! 



It's staying on the door this time!


1 comment:

  1. First i LOVE that you have been blogging more, Second, i love that your hubs and friends were so honest with you, Third, i love both ideas!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...