Pages

Verse A Day

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Perfect Timing!

One thing I really missed about our old house, was having a swingset in the backyard.  It was always  so nice to take the boys outside to swing or send Boston out alone for awhile.  The boys, and neighbor kids, spent hours playing on it! Derek is quite anal about his yard, so he wasn't particularly anxious to get another one.. but I whined long enough so he gave in. 

I had been looking online for several weeks to try and find a nice used swingset for a reasonable price.  We were very lucky having my dad build ours at the old house as they are crazy expensive to buy new!  Last week I found two decent looking Rainbow playsets on a garage sale site.  I was actually at a gals house looking, when I got a text message from my friend Renae.  She had sent a picture of a very nice looking swingset, with a message saying her sisters neighbor wanted to sell it!  It was 10 times nicer than the one I had gone to see, so I loaded up the boys in the car and drove right over to check it out. It was perfect, and we had it set up in our backyard the next day!  The timing couldn't have worked out any more perfect!

The swingset before we bought it!
It came over in two pick up's!
 Derek had a few friends help him so it went up much quicker than I was expecting.
 Derek wasn't sure it should go in the corner of the yard, but it was 4 against 1 :)
 Brigham was in bed when the swingset was being set up, so he woke up to a fun surprise in the morning!
A few coats of stain & it looks brand new again! 
We love it, and so do the daycare and neighbor kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...