Pages

Verse A Day

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Boys and Super Hero's

Brigs has a new love for Super Hero's, and his big brother isn't quite sure if he likes it or not!  Boston loves playing with Brigham, but sharing his Super Hero's is another story!  The other night they were downstairs playing for awhile and the next thing I knew, they were upstairs dressed like Super Hero's 'spying on me' and fighting each other. 

Brigham's favorite weapons are guns and swords, and he knows how to use em!  
 Looks like the little guy is winning this fight!
 You can see by the smiles on their faces that they were having a blast!
 

 Boston is selective about what Super Hero's Brigs can play with.  He knows that the figures that come with small pieces are not for little kids, so he is careful about which ones are left out.  The Hulk happy meal toy is one of them he has handed off to his little brother.  If you ask Brigs what The Hulk says he will growl and say 'Mash'. 
Brigham is now 19 months old and talking a LOT!  I am just amazed at all the words he can say.  This week he has started to jibber jabber sentences.  I'm guessing it won't be long before he'll start saying 2 word sentences, but for now it's just one word at a time.  Some of his newest words are dinosaur, spider man, hot dog and loves it when you say 'Ready, Set'.. and then Brigs yells 'Go!'  He also is really into Lightning McQueen cars and books. 
I thought it was cute that Jaxon was snuggled up by the boys.

This little turkey is always up to something!
Brigs has 10 teeth, with 2 more on the way.  His bottom canine teeth are starting to pop in!
 If you can't tell, he loves the camera!  He is either smiling this huge 'Cheese' smile, or closing his eyes giving his 'I'm going to be shy and hide from mom' face. 
 Mom can't forget about this handsome guy!  Kindergarten is going well.  He had his second memory verse due yesterday and he recited it without any mistakes! The teacher did send home a few notes on his papers this week that he needs to practice writing his letters and not be in such a hurry.  I'm not surprised by the 'hurrying' part.  Conferences are mid Nov. and I am already nervous.  I remember dreading conferences for my parents.  I knew every year what the teacher would tell them.  'Jamie can do the work if she would just take her time' or 'She sure likes to talk a lot'.  :)  I would bet money that Boston's teacher will say the same things.  B was was up bright and early for his first day of Basketball yesterday!  Derek took on his first coaching position, and I know Boston is excited about that.  It's good for the both of them.   
Boston survived his 2 weeks of punishments for lying. Walking the dog when it started to get colder was his least favorite thing to do, but Jaxon sure enjoyed it!
 
I had a fabulous week of getting together with some friends!  I don't get the opportunity for girl time as much as I would like, so felt very spoiled this week!  I had lunch with a friend on Wednesday while Derek was home & spent Friday doing Pinterest crafts with another friend!  Yesterday, my mom came down and spent the day with the boys so I could meet up with some friends at the Arts Festival & grab lunch.  I texted my mom when I was on my way home and she told me not to rush.. so I grocery shopped alone.  It was SO NICE, but when I got home I told her my $170 grocery bill was the result of not having kids in the cart to take up space :) 
 
Brigs loved snuggling with his Mam-a Peggy!
 
And that's a wrap of the last few weeks!  We have fun things planned for daycare this week in celebration of Halloween!  Tomorrow is pajama day and I can guarentee that I am just as excited as the kids:)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...