Pages

Verse A Day

Thursday, November 1, 2012

We celebrated Halloween all week!

I love planning parties for kids, so this week I thought it would be fun to have dress up days & special food & snacks for some Halloween fun with the daycare kids!  My own kids love it too so it's a win-win.

Monday was pajama day! I may have enjoyed this more than the kids :)  I think we should do this again soon.
 
Derek stopped home for lunch so I had him take a picture of the whole group in their pj's!  
For lunch we had Pumpkin Fruit Cups, Pumpkin shaped bread & Halloween mac & cheese!
 For dessert we had Mummy Pops! 
 Frankenstein Craft!  The kids weren't really sure who Frankenstein was so I told them he was a nice monster looking guy who walked real stiff.  I did my best Frankenstein walk & talk and they all giggled :)
 
Tuesday was Halloween clothes day!  We spent a lot of time walking into dark rooms to watch the t-shirts glow in the dark!  I set the timer on my camera thinking it would be impossible to get all the kids to look at the camera...but it worked out perfectly!

 For lunch we had Pumpkin Cheeseburgers, corn  & Pumpkin Fruit Cups.  The kids loved that the stem on the pumpkin was a green skittle:)  They all ate the candy first :)
Miss Gracie is missing summer :)  She loves having her sunglasses on.
 Boston, Owen & Brigs
 Halloween Banner!
Ghost Craft!
 
Wednesday was actually Halloween so of course we had to wear costumes! We also celebrated Mason's 2nd Birthday a few days early! 
 
 It was just me and these 3 boys in the morning!  They have fun together!



We had Candy Corn Rice Krispy treast for snack & mummy wrapped juice boxes!
 I just love this picture of Mason!
The little munchkins.  Elmo, The Hulk, Princess Kinli & Pumpkin Bennett :)
After the daycare kids left yesterday, we dressed up the boys for a picture outside on the front step!  Bad Dog, Thor & The Hulk!  Boston really wanted Derek and I to dress up like Avengers too, but my idea for a home-made Black Widow costume just didn't come together.   
 Brigs hated his mask!

 
 Our first stop was Grandpa Ron & Grandma Lisa's. We could have just quit trick or treating right away because they walked away with plenty of goodies!

 Next we stopped by Grandma Glady's.

 And then it was door-to-door trick or treating in our neighborhood!  Both boys got a little spooked at a few houses.  A couple neighbors had awesome Halloween decor, spoke machines, spooky music and skeletons that moved & talked!   
 Derek loved telling Boston stories about him trick-or-treating as a kid.  He said he grabbed a pillow case and off he went with friends and his siblings.  He showed up 4 hours later with an entire bag full of candy!  
 
Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween with your little ones! 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Derek is definitely right about him taking a pillowcase and coming home with it FULL. However, if he meant he went with his siblings and that included his sister...he was way off! He never wanted me around! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...