Pages

Verse A Day

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Baby #3-14 Weeks

I was 14 weeks pregnant yesterday!  Time is going fast.  Let's pray that continues.  I had typed this up on Saturday afternoon, hours before coming down with a nasty stomach ache.  I spent all day Sunday in bed or laying on the couch, and took it very easy yesterday.  I never did throw up, but spent plenty of time in the bathroom trying too.  Not fun!  The house is disinfected again, bedding is washed and daycare is back in business.  Hoping no one else in the house catches it.  Boston wasn't feeling well a few different days last week and a few daycare kiddo's were out sick.  So far Derek and Brigs are healthy.

I went in for an ultrasound and doctor appointment last Monday, January 7.  I was so anxious to see the baby on the screen and know that everything was still ok.  I have been feeling so good (minus the stomach bug!), that there are days I think 'Am I really pregnant?!', and then I start to worry that something is wrong with the baby/pregnancy.  I can't say that I felt awful at this point with the boys, but I do remember in the first trimester with both boys I felt much more queasy and blah.

The baby looked great!  The tech even told me my cervix 'looked beautiful' which I thought was very odd.  I almost started laughing!  This ultrasound was for the First Trimester Screen, which is a test that we opted out of for the boys.  This time around I have so much more worry, so wanted this scan done to be sure things were looking normal.  The ultrasound and blood work were compared, and they told me that everything looked absolutely perfect, and that they had no concerns that anything was looking abnormal.  Praise God!

After the ultrasound I saw my OB, Dr. Jodi Scott.  I have gained 4 pounds, which I guess isn't so bad.  I do feel a little pudgy, so am ready for my belly to harden up and be a baby bump!  Boston tells me quite often 'Your tummy is growing mom!'  Kids are so honest.  I just reply with 'The baby isn't very big yet, so mommy must have just eaten too much today!' :)

I can eat normal, and I don't have any weird food cravings.  I usually get up to pee 2-3 times a night.  It seemed a little more frequent in the first trimester.  I am able to fall right back to sleep after I use the bathroom.  I had some nights of insomnia in the first trimester, but that hasn't happened in several weeks.  My normal bed time is between 9 and 10 o'clock, and I do not get a nap in during the day.  I would love to lay down and sleep, but I am afraid there is just no time.  I usually don't feel too tired though until the evening, so I am not feeling exhausted... yet!  My only complaint I guess is that I am getting pretty frequent headaches.  Unfortunately the only thing that has ever been a pain reliever for me is ibuprofen, and I can't take that during the pregnancy.  I have tried Tylenol  but it just doesn't do the trick for me.  My doctor is thinking it's because I need to be drinking more water, so I am trying my best to drink more of it.  She suggested Exedrin Migraine and also gave me a prescription for Zofran.  It's an anti-nausea medicine for pregnant women, but she said it can also help with headaches.  I had to laugh because the prescription bottle has a bright orange sticker on it that says 'May cause headaches'.  We'll see how well that works..

I'm already trying to prepare Brigs for a little sibling!  I talk to him about the baby a lot.  Not sure he fully understands, but I am making an effort.  He loves to lift my shirt and gently pat my tummy and say 'Nice.  Nice'.  If I ask him if he wants a baby sister or baby brother he always says 'Bubba', which is what he calls Boston.  He also seems to think that the baby in my tummy is baby Alliana.  He just loves his new little cousin!  In the next month or two we will attempt to move Brigham out of the crib and into a big boy bed.  This was quite an ordeal for Boston, so we want to allow ourselves plenty of time for Brigham to adjust before the baby comes!

Here is Baby!  Love how his/her arms are up by his/her face!  Baby looks so cozy!
I still just can't believe the change in ultrasound pictures from 8 weeks to 13 weeks!  Baby is a growin!  
 Baby foot print :)

My next OB check up is Feb. 6th, and 20 week ultrasound is Feb. 27th!  I've had people asking me questions about different pregnancy things, so thought I'd answer them here!

How do you compare this pregnancy to the other 2?
I would say I feel the best this time around!  Nausea was very minimal in the 1st trimester.  I passed my first gestation diabetes test!  No kidney stones yet!  And overall, I just feel very normal.  3rd times a charm?!  

Will you find out the sex of the baby?  Will you share the news?
A part of me wants it to be a total surprise, but Derek insists on finding out.  I know Boston is very anxious too!  If the baby cooperates at the ultrasound next month, we'll be sharing our news!

Are you hoping for a girl?  
I'm hoping for a healthy baby :)  A girl would be so fun, but I really see myself as a mom to all boys!  
Derek has never really said his preference or thoughts, but Boston is really wanting a sister!  

Brigs is quite the mama's boy, so he wanted to be in the pictures.
 12 Weeks (Taken 12/30/2012)
 Me and the boys!  Brigs was having a fit because I had him step out of a few pictures.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...