Yesterday, Derek and I went to my 20 week ultrasound. Such a blessing to see a healthy baby BOY on the screen, and get confirmation again that everything looks absolutely perfect! The baby was so active! One minute he was chilling out with his hand behind his head, and the next minute he was face down. The ultrasound tech wasn't sure she would get a good view of the face, and then 30 seconds later he flipped around again! I just had to laugh, because he already acts so much like his brothers! These 3 boys are going to keep me busy but I am looking forward to every minute of raising 3 boys!
Here he is chilling out.
So sweet!
At the 14 week ultrasound, the baby was loving his hands near his face. Same at 20 weeks.
Just snuggled in so cozy!
A very obvious gender reveal photo!
I have to be honest... I have known since 14 weeks that the baby was 90% sure a boy. The ultrasound tech wasn't looking for any parts, she was just scanning around taking different measurements of my cervix. She skimmed over the legs and butt of the baby and immediately, what looked like little boy parts, caught my eye! I said to the tech 'Woah, go back.. it's a boy isn't it?!' She smiled, and said it was too early for her to say for sure, but she told me not to go to selling any of my little boy clothes :) This view is exactly what I saw at 14 weeks! For sure a boy :)
Boston had the opportunity to come with us to the ultrasound and go to school a few hours late. When he asked a few weeks ago what day the appointment was, I told him it was a Wednesday morning. His immediate response was:
'That's a gym day and I don't want to miss. Just tell me after school!'
So that's exactly what I did. The plan was to let him use the Juice Stop certificate he had won at school this week for having the most reading periods. I was going to go in and order something blue or pink, and then when he saw what color it was he would know the gender. Well, believe it or not, the Juice Stop doesn't have anything BLUE! Onto plan B. I let him look at the ultrasound pictures & read the 'It's a BOY' picture. He was happy! Most happy because he had won a bet with his dad! Derek was guessing it was a girl, and Boston guessed a boy, so they bet each other $1. Dad still hasn't paid up, and $1 gets added each day! I took a cute video of Boston finding out the news, but when I went to upload the video to my computer I couldn't find it. I blame Brigham. That kid finds my phone no matter where I have it hidden. Super bummed that it's gone, but what do ya do?! Darn boys!
These boys are just the cutest! Their faces show how excited they are!
People have asked if I am bummed we are not having a girl this time. My answer: Not at all! A girl would have been perfect too, but having three boys is really how I pictured my life as a mom, especially with 2 boys already! It's a perfectly healthy baby, and honestly, I just feel truly blessed that having another baby was part of God's plan for my life! Derek isn't disappointed either. I think he would have enjoyed the experience of having a 'daddy's girl', but he isn't bummed out enough to want to try for a 4th! :)
The snacks Boston brought to school to tell his classmates he was having a brother!!





No comments:
Post a Comment