Pages

Verse A Day

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Beautiful.

There are really no other words to describe the weather the last few days. It was a very long winter, and this sunshine is just so good for the soul!

This was Monday.

The weather has been crazy.  I didn't even blog about the ice storm that hit us a few weeks ago.  Some residents in town lost power for days, hundreds and thousands of tree's were damaged and weeks later the piles of branches up and down the streets are a reminder of the cleanup that is left. We luckily only lost power one night for 4 hours, and because we are in a new development with very few tree's, we didn't have near the devastation that others had.  Today I am outside blogging from the deck.  Beautiful!

Monday we got dumped on with snow, and by Thursday it was completely melted and warm enough for the boys to have their shorts and sandals on!   

Thursday morning, Boston's class took a field trip to Color Me Mine.  I wasn't able to go along because of daycare, but a sweet mom sent me this picture of Boston painting away!

Friday morning I checked into Avera at 6:45 AM for my second gestational diabetes screen this pregnancy.  I passed, but only by 1 point.  I lucked out and will not have to check my blood sugars, but I was given orders to follow a diabetic diet as best as I can.  My morning 'fasting sugar' is the number that gives me trouble (same thing I dealt with when I was pregnant with Brigs) so basically I can't overload on carbs before bed, and should eat more protein in the evening.  After the 2 hour test, I saw Dr. Scott for my 29 week appointment!  I gained a pound, baby boy's heart beat was 140's and I measure right at 29 weeks, so everything is looking great.  Beautiful!

The 2 hour wait can get to be long, especially when you are stuck in a waiting room with others coming and going, but I kicked my feet up and did some reading.  It was actually relaxing!

After my appointment, I picked Brigs up from a friends house and the two of us went to the park!  Brigham is so used to having Boston with us, so he was a little unsure of what to do on the playground.  He would walk up the ladder, slide down the slide and come running to me and give me a hug.  He was full of smiles and loved the fresh air as much as I did. 



Boston got out of school at 1:50 on Friday... which is right in the middle of Brigham's normal nap time.  I tried keeping him up and busy with errands, but as soon as we got to the school parking lot he crashed, and of course wouldn't continue the nap when we got home.  
 This handsome little devil woke me up at 5:50 on Saturday morning.  'Mommy up?! Outside!  Shorts!  Swing!'.  
'No Brigs, mommy isn't up.  Yes, I know it's hard to believe it will be another beautiful day, but lets go back to sleep for awhile!'  And he did just that.  He snored while I dozed off and on until 8.  
We spent the entire day outside yesterday and then ended the night at the circus!  It was Brigham's first circus and he stayed very entertained!  

The boys waiting patiently for the circus to start, and for their daddy to get off work!
 Love this shot of my boys.  So blessed.
 We were center ring, 4th row!  Excellent view!





And that's a wrap up of our week!  It's been a very busy few weeks, with some adjustments to what was our normal routine.  A few weeks ago, Derek started a new position at Billion as a Finance Manager!  This is something he has worked so hard for, and been so patient for.  I am so incredibly proud of him!  This new position means longer days, possibly a different day off each week than we are used to, but also one full Friday-Saturday-Sunday off every month which is something we haven't had in almost 4 years!  He basically works open till close when he's scheduled, which means that I am working open till close with the boys every day.  The days at home can be very draining, but at the end of the day, we have been so incredibly blessed by Derek's hard work and its my goal to look at the positives as we settle into a new 'normal'.  

Life Is Beautiful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...