Pages

Verse A Day

Friday, April 12, 2013

Big Boy Bed for Brigs!

I have had intentions of moving Brigham to his big boy bed for weeks.  That was our plan.  As soon as the basement was live-able, and Boston could have his room down there, we were moving Brigs to his new room and new bed.  Those that know me well know I love my sleep and I was dreading the transition from crib to a bed thinking Brigs would be up and down all night long, which would mean less sleep for me!

Then the Ice Storm of 2013 came!  I did spring cleaning, rearranged closets, washed bedding & decided it was time for the move.  Brigs took a nap in his big boy bed on Wednesday, April 10.  I laid with him until he fell asleep, but then he was fine.  I did the same thing that night, except I only laid with him a few minutes and then said 'Mommy is going to get up for a minute, but I will come in to check on you in a few minutes.'  Poor little peanut whimpered a few minutes and it broke my heart that he was sad, but then he was out like a light!  Slept over 11 hours!  I wondered if he would yell for me when he woke up, or just get up and come out of his room.  Big boy got up all by himself and yelled from the hall in front of our bedroom door:  'Mama!  I'm up!'  :)

Prepping him for the change and talking about what a BIG boy he was now!
I washed up all of Brigham's crib bedding and put the new baby's crib sheet on so it didn't look like his bed anymore.  We talked about how the crib was only for babies.  I was kind of sad packing it up and moving Brigs to a bed.  I feel like I was just getting a crib ready for him!
I was up early that first morning and this is how I found him :)  Snuggled up to the wall!
Brigs was not 100% yesterday.  He took a 4 hour nap, and then slept another 11+ hours last night.  I no longer lay in his bed with him either.  I tuck him in, make sure he has all of his blankies and matchbox cars, we ALL say prayers (per Brigham's request), and that's that!  I am so proud of Brigs and make sure to tell him every time he wakes up.  He just smiles!

A long 4 hour nap!
 Morning #2 :)  The wall must be comfy?!
 Day 3 & still going strong!  
He is finally getting used to the blankets on him.  Take note of all the matchbox cars in his bed :) 

This transition has been so much easier than I thought.  Praying it continues to go so smooth!  Boston moved to a big boy bed when he was 1 1/2 and it was a nightmare!  We had him gated in his bedroom to keep him in his room.  There were many nights he fell asleep AT the gate after crying himself to sleep.  Brigham never tried to climb out of his crib, so we would still have him sleeping in it if we didn't need it for the new baby in less than 3 months!!   Nursery organizing and decorating has begun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...