Pages

Verse A Day

Thursday, May 23, 2013

End of school year fun!

Boston has had a lot of fun activities his last week of Kindergarten.  Rollerskating last Friday, a field trip to the public library on Monday, field day on Tuesday, and only 3 hours of school for his last day today!

Brigham hung out with 'Ron Ron' for a few hours on Friday morning, May 17th, so that I could go and watch Boston skate for a few hours.  He was a little bummed that I couldn't skate around with him, but I figured a 7 1/2 month pregnant lady was not safe with wheels under her feet!  He has skated a few times before, and had not improved :)  The poor kid couldn't stand for 10 seconds with actual roller skates.  I decided to upgrade him to roller blades to see if that made it any easier for him.  After a few falls, he was whizzing around pretty well, and so proud!  Roller blades are now on his birthday wish list!

 I enjoyed sitting and watching him skate around.  Every 5 minutes one or two of the little girls in his class would come and say 'Do you know where Boston is?!'   He wasn't so thrilled the girls wanted to skate by him the whole time.


On Tuesday, May 21st, Brigs hung out with the Elgersma girls for the afternoon.  Boston got to participate in his first SFC Field Day, and it was fun to be able to watch him without Brigham's distractions!  Field day was for kids in Kindergarten-3rd grade.  It was fun to see the kids split up with students from other classes & even other Kindergarten sections.  It's nice for them to interact with the kids they don't see all day every day in class.  Boston had a blast, and I had fun watching!  The kids competed as a team.  Boston's team name was Hawkeyes! 

In this game they had to fill a soup ladle up with water, and walk/run the water to the other bucket.  The team with the most water in their bucket wins!

 Relay race!



 Score a goal!


 Frisbee Toss
 Batting Game
 Bean Bag Toss






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...