Pages

Verse A Day

Thursday, June 6, 2013

1 week down!

We survived the first week of summer break, although the weather feels more like fall!  The rain and cool temps are getting a little depressing.  We are anxious to get to the pool!

May 30th, we added some tree's to our landscape!  Our new neighbors behind us planted 4 tree's in their backyard just a month after moving in.  We had done a lot of talking about getting tree's planted, but seeing how nice theirs looked sure got the ball rolling for us.  It's so nice to look outside the windows and see trees, and birds!

Exciting to see the truck pull up!
A view of the backyard before our own trees!





 After!

We are also still finishing up a few projects in the basement.  We got blinds put up on Monday, and our fireplace will be done next week.  My 'to do before baby' list is getting shorter!  As much as I love the look of a dark wood blind, cleaning them is worse than scrubbing toilets    We went with something different for the basement, and Derek and I are both really happy with how they turned out!

Our stone for the fireplace came in yesterday!  Anxious to have it complete!

Aside from home projects, our calendar has been busy.  Boston has baseball games every Tuesday & Thursday night, and this week he went to a football camp at SF Christian on Monday & Tuesday morning.  The weather hasn't been the greatest for baseball games.  A few games have been rescheduled, and a few nights we sat out in the sprinkles & cold wind.  Derek's work schedule doesn't allow for him to be at all of Boston's games.  It's a huge bummer, but the grandparents have sure stepped up to fill in!  It's just nice to have extra hands to help with Brigham, and Boston also enjoys having 'fans' there to watch him.  His #1 fan came to one of his games last week.  She even rode her pink Barbie bike to the ball diamond :)  When I told Boston earlier in the day that Kinli was maybe going to be at the game he just smiled and said 'I'm going to hit a home run for her!'

Boston & Kinli

A video of Boston up to bat!  
When these two boys are fighting over a super hero, they can play well together!  Here Boston was pretending to be Brigham's pet dog!

During Brigham's nap yesterday afternoon, Boston and I planted some flowers together.  This is his pot of flowers, I just helped with the planting.  The flowers that have bloomed are some that Boston picked out to go in the pot with his Marigolds that he planted as seeds in school a month or so ago.  We finally see a bud, so he is patiently waiting for it to bloom!  

Brigham has been... well, his typical self.  Strong willed!  Lately he has been into folding his arms over his chest and scowling, or laying or stomping on the floor when he doesn't get his way.  This was yesterday morning.  He wanted candy for breakfast..  I also hear 'No No Mommy!' or 'Naughty Mommy' if he gets mad at me for not letting him get his way.

Regardless of how late we keep him up, 90% of the time he is awake between 6:30-7:30.  He comes out of his room and either yells 'Mommy, I up!', or he'll ask where Ron Ron is.  Yesterday after he woke up from nap he just stood in his room knocking on his door until I went and opened it for him.  Who knows what today will bring with this kid!
   He loves to wear hats.  Stocking hats, baseball hats, or Derek's hats.  
 Brigham got his first fake tattoo today and hated it.  He screamed for 20 minutes so I ended up washing it off.  I thought for sure he would think it was fun because he is always pointing at my tattoo's and saying 'Wow mommy'.  Not so 'wow' when it's on his own arm! On the other hand, his brother couldn't get enough of them.  I settled for 3 on his arm.  I refuse to put them on his neck like he asked, but told him he could have a 'sleeve'. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...