Friday the 21st, Glady and Les watched Brigham for a few hours so that Boston and I could do something just the two of us. We rarely get one on one time anymore, so it was nice...and relaxing! We went to the movie Monsters University! Saturday the 22nd, we met the Elgersma girls at Drake Springs pool for a few hours and then went to their house for pizza. Chloe is much braver in the water than Brigs. He needs to hang around her at the pool more often! It's nice to have a good friend who knows the car business. Our husbands were both working the entire weekend because of the fairground sale, so it was nice to get together with them and help pass the time. The long hours of life in the car business are hard during the week, but especially hard on the weekends.
Boston finished up baseball on Monday, the 24th. Derek made it to the game, so Boston was excited! Next year I am hoping we can get Boston on a Monday & Wednesday night league so that Derek can be at more of the games.
We made it to Wild Water West two times last week! We went on Wednesday so that Derek could join us, and then I took the boys alone on Friday. We all ventured down the lazy river a few times on Wednesday. Boston goes on his own tube now, so that's a pretty big deal for him! Brigs took turns going with Derek and I and he even enjoyed it!
Boston also finished up two weeks of swimming lessons! He was in the Red Cross Level 3 this year, and passed with flying colors! We even missed a few times due to conflicts with baseball games. This is the 4th summer I have taken him to Tea for lessons. They have a very nice facility and the lifeguards are so good with the kids. He just goes with the flow, meets new friends every summer and is super brave in the water. I'm so proud! It was fun to see him learn some new things this year. He doesn't believe me that I know how to do the whip kick and tread water, so as soon as I have this baby, we are heading to the pool so mom can show him up!
On Thursday the 27th, I took the boys to Chuck E. Cheese as a special treat for Boston doing so well in swimming lessons. Brigham had never been there before, so when he saw Chuck E. Cheese come walking around to give him a high 5 he just loved it!
Brigs cheering for his brother!
Boston getting his trophy from his coach!
Boston up to bat!
This blankie & finger sucking thing is going to be a hard habit to break...
Boston also finished up two weeks of swimming lessons! He was in the Red Cross Level 3 this year, and passed with flying colors! We even missed a few times due to conflicts with baseball games. This is the 4th summer I have taken him to Tea for lessons. They have a very nice facility and the lifeguards are so good with the kids. He just goes with the flow, meets new friends every summer and is super brave in the water. I'm so proud! It was fun to see him learn some new things this year. He doesn't believe me that I know how to do the whip kick and tread water, so as soon as I have this baby, we are heading to the pool so mom can show him up!
Learning the Whip Kick
A few nights I had Brigs stay with a grandparent during lessons, but when he did come along he was really good as long as I had plenty of snacks!
Diving in!
One of my favorite things to do at Chuck E. Cheese is to sit in the picture booth!
After Brigham's 3 1/2 hour nap, we stopped at Cherry Berry for dessert!
On Friday night, the 29th, Boston and some of his baseball teammates got to participate in the Stars Of Tomorrow with the Canaries! He did this last year too, but it was still fun to do it again.
The kids all lined up to have their name announced and picture on the big screen!
Brigs thought 'Big Bird' was pretty cool!
Boston getting his name annouced at the game!
Saturday morning, the 29th, I took the boys to the zoo. They had free admission from 9-11 to celebrate the new Snow Monkey Exhibit, new entrance and other updates to the zoo. I was super impressed with all of the changes! It looks so nice!
The new entrance!
Checking out the new Snow Monkeys!
Brigs talked about the monkeys the whole time!
The Elgersma girls met us at the zoo. Always more fun with friends!
Brigs loved to feed the goats!
This week is our first week of summer break with no activities. It is so nice to look at the calendar and have so much down time! I am working on some projects around the house.. cleaning the decks, cleaning my car and just getting the usual house cleaning done before next week when the little guy makes his appearance!
One last video for fun! Our favorite song this summer is Cruise, by Florida Georgia Line. We like to crank it up and roll the windows down!
No comments:
Post a Comment