Pages

Verse A Day

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Daycare Christmas!

I'm sure you have all heard the 'What Does A Fox Say' song by now, and if you haven't, you are blessed!  It was cute the first time I heard it..  What is kind of cute though is when Makinli recites all the words to the song! :)

I thought it would be fun to ask the daycare kids some questions throughout the year, and also write down some funny things that are said throughout the day.  One of the best parts of my job as a daycare provider are listening to their conversations amongst each other!  They really are funny little people!

If you could pick a different name for yourself, what would you like to be called?
Oaklee:  Emmalisa
Owen:  Ace
Gracie:  Farmer
Brigham:  Spiderman
Makinli:  Bella

If you could only get one gift for Christmas, what would you want!?
Owen:  Wii U
Gracie:  Princess
Oaklee:  Strawberry Shortcake stuff
Makinli:  American Girl Doll Wheelchair

'Did a woodpecker sneak in your house and peck at your new table?!'
(Our new kitchen table has a 'roughed up' look and Kinli thought for SURE a wood pecker had ruined my new table!)

'I wuv this movie!  Sometimes I watch it on my mommy's phone.  She has netflix.  I'm serious!'

'That poop was easy!!!  Some times at home it takes me so long to push!'

As we are eating lunch, I over hear this conversation:

'I can poop in the potty now.  Can you?'
'Yep.  At my house, not at Jame's house.  She has a tree on her potty.'

The 'tree' on my potty!

I taught the kids to say a tongue twister one day.  That may be the one and only time I ever do that.. Hearing the kids say 'How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood, 100 times in a 10 hour day was a bit much for me!  :)

During snack one day, I asked Owen if he could help me with something at the table.  He told me he would help me when he was done eating his snack, which was totally OK!  Kinli replied with:

'Boys can only do 1 thing.  Girls can do 2.  Your know what girls are called?  Multitaskers!'

I hadn't laughed so hard that entire week!  Owen was quick to defend himself and prove her wrong by helping me AND eating his snack at the same time!

'I am such a burper!'

'You know what allergic means?  It means you can't eat it, just look at it!'

'I can't keep my fart in.'

'Girls toot, boys fart!'
I saw this and thought of the girls right away!


'Can you guess what my username is?'
Me:  No, what is it?
'It's a secret so I can't tell you.  It's owenman40!'

'Ferries are real!'
'No they aren't!  Only the tooth fairy!'

I saw Boston at school yesterday and he looked soooo handsome!
Me:  What made him look so handsome?
And she closes her eyes and smiles and says 'Ahhh.. I'm just dreaming of Prince Boston!'

'My dad used to be SO fat but now he's not.'

'I work out with dad.  My mom doesn't like to exercise.  It must just not be a mom thing?'
(Oh honey!  I'm right there with your mommy!  This made me chuckle!)

And my favorite one of all time:

'If I were Santa Claus, I think Brigham would be on my naughty list!'  Oh my!  I cracked up!!


On December 5th, we celebrated Alliana's birthday at daycare!  She loved it when the kids sang to her!





Otto is known for crashing just about anywhere!
Melted Snowman craft!

I love it when they say they aren't tired, and 15 minutes later they are both zonked!
I had to pick up my mom from the airport one day, so I loaded them all up in the car!  
Boys can wear dress up shoes too right?!

Stroller rides for Alliana!
We had a photo shoot one day in the sleigh!  Aren't they all adorable!


 I made each of the kids a Christmas ornament!
 Can you believe they didn't know what a monkey pile was!?  Now they do!

12/17:  Kinli & Oaklee showing off their Christmas Light craft!
 Reindeer Hot Chocolate snacks for the kids!
12/19:  Opening gifts early this morning.  They were all so anxious!


 She loves her new kitchen apron!

 Owen got his own dry erase learning boards!  
 Brigs got to open a gift too so he didn't feel left out :)

 A Dr. Seuss floor puzzle for Mason!

And our craft for the day was a finger print painting of baby Jesus in the manger!  
This was probably my favorite daycare craft ever!  So cute!  
No better way to end the day than with a little photo prop fun!






Wishing all the little kiddo's & their families a wonderful Christmas!  I was spoiled again with gifts this year from all of the daycare families.  They are too good to me!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...