Pages

Verse A Day

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Feelin Christmasy!

I love the hussle and bussle in December.  I whine every year about all the places we have to go for Christmas gatherings, all the gifts we have to buy, the decorating, the food.. but December would be awfully boring without all of the crazy.  And yet our main focus this holiday season is the birth of our savior.  What a beautiful thing.

On Friday, December 6th, I took Brigham & Bronx to daycare for the first time.  This has been something I have considered for a long time, the time was just never right.  I found a super sweet gal to take the boys 1-2 days a month, depending on her availability.  Derek works insane hours, and running errands and getting all the house work done with all these boys of mine is next to impossible.  My day 'off' flew by!  I ran errands the entire time, and didn't even get to all the stores on my list!  The boys did great, which made my day even better.  I'm sure they enjoyed a break from me too!? Brigham talked my ear off about all the things he did at Kelsey's house, was so proud of his reindeer craft, and that he got to take a nap in a pack n play!  He is anxious to go back again this Friday!  The night before the boys went to daycare, Boston was so concerned about Brigham crying for us all day.  He said he didn't want his brothers to go to daycare because he would miss seeing them after school.  Isn't that sweet?!  
Brigs never cried once!
  
Aside from the Christmas crazy, we have 'every day life' crazy!  Boston finished up the first half of his basketball season this past Saturday.  The boys got to play at the Sanford Pentagon!  It was so neat!  They announced the starting line-up just like they do in a professional game, and when the kids scored a basket, they announced their name again!  Loved seeing the smiles on their faces!

12/7-Central Baptist



12/14-Sanford Pentagon Game
 Brigs & Mason ready to cheer on their brothers!
 The boys got all the free Gatorade they could drink!  That was a huge deal to them!
Ready for the starting line up!
Starting line up video!
 'I got that guy!'
2 Points for B!!

We need to work on the traveling, but he was so proud of the fake!
That night, Boston went with his friend Jackson to the Skyforce game!
I attempted a hand print of Bronx for our Christmas tree skirt..  next time I will need some assistance!  Poor buddy was covered in paint..and eating it!
 A new tradition!  A hand print each year.  
Another new thing this year is our Advent Nativity Book!  
The boys love setting up a new piece each day!
We also managed to sneak in two Christmas programs in one week!  On Thursday, the 5th, Boston had his program at school, and Sunday the 8th was his program at church!  Boston had an instrumental part in the school program.  He smiled the entire time.  Afterwards he said 'Mom, I was just so nervous I couldn't stop smiling!'  He did awesome!

Boston is center stage.
 So focused!
B's instrumental debut!

Fun in the classroom after the program!
 Boston & his good friend Jackson!
Boston and some friends waiting for the church program to start.
 One of his very best friends, Jude.


I took Bronx back to the doctor on Wednesday the 11th.  He was still being SO crabby, especially for naps and bedtime so I just had a feeling his ears weren't healed up.  Sure enough, still infected.  We got a new antibiotic and he slept through the night a few nights (which was fabulous!) and now ever since Friday night he has been really cranky again and fighting sleep.  The antibiotic also gave him horrible diarrhea, so after a phone call to the clinic yesterday, we are holding off on the meds for a few days to see if it clears up.  His poor little bum is so sore.  It's so hard to know what's bothering them at this age, so we take it day by day and just pray we get some sleep at night!  Derek came home from work on Saturday night with the flu, so he was on lock down in the basement until late Sunday afternoon.  Bronx had pretty much screamed all afternoon, so I got out of the house for an hour while daddy took over.  I came home to this.  For those of you that got our Christmas letter... you will appreciate this picture!  It's a rare occurrence to see Bronx sleeping in Derek's arms!  Usually he is screaming.. so you know he was tuckered out!

 Our annual Christmas tree picture of the boys.  So precious!
 I love how Bronx is looking at Brigs in this one.


Even though he hasn't been the happiest little boy these days, he does still smile..

 And fall asleep eventually!


And there are times I will do anything for just a few minutes of quiet.  
Like let Brigs sleep in our bed when he refuses to nap in his own..
 And let Bronx watch Mickey Mouse on the iPad!
And last but not least, one of my favorite gifts that I have bought this year is for a sweet little girl from the angel tree at our church.  This was Boston's idea, and what a neat way to bless another family.  
We are hand delivering the gift this week!  
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...