And now on to Brigs:
On December 18th, I took the boys in for an eye exam. Derek added them to our vision plan in 2013, so I wanted to get them in before the end of the year to use up our exam benefit, and it's a good thing I did. Boston's eye's checked out great, however Brigham's did not. We were so shocked, and it honestly took me days to come to grips with the fact that I would have a child in glasses. I know it sounds crazy because having a child in glasses is such a minor problem and I am so thankful it's an easy fix, but it just hurt a bit that it would be a noticeable imperfection for him. He is very far sighted (so he cannot see things up close) and also has an astigmatism in one eye. We were busy with Christmas, so it did take us a bit to do some shopping around for a pair of frames that we liked, but we did get a super cute pair picked out, and now Brigham wears them proudly! He has done SO well with them. He puts them on first thing in the morning, and if he needs a break from them, he will say 'I please take my glasses off, I need a break?' He has never once just ripped them off and thrown them some where, so I am so thankful for that! It's been a week now and (knock on wood!) they aren't broken!!
Yesterday I decided to start working really hard at potty training Brigs. He has little to NO interest, but I feel like I need to get him going or he'll be wearing diapers to Kindergarten :) It's hard to know if he's not getting it because he's just not ready, or if he's peeing in his diaper (and pooping in the shower!) because he can..and that's just his stubborn personality at it's finest! I made a sticker chart that we hung in the bathroom, and he does get excited about getting to put on a Disney Planes sticker if he goes potty. He's in a pull up today, and so far so good. I'm not expecting a miracle to happen over night, but it sure would be nice to only buy diapers for one kid!
We recently got Netflix and Brigham loves to watch movies on the iPad now. Mom & Dad are also loving it! We are now on season 3 of Breaking Bad!
Boston working hard on writing Grandpa Ron's poem.
Love this shirt! 'On Every Lady's Wish List' :)
Bath's are a lot more fun now that the boys got several new bath toys for Christmas!
Boston's very own (pretend!) shaving kit! He thought he was pretty cool stuff.
Brigham trying out his new bath paints!
He's a rookie. He now knows that men do NOT shave their arm pits!
This is just so sweet. He was so snuggled up & peaceful.
12/26: I took Brigham to try on some frames at a different eye clinic. The office we go for our exams just didn't have any kid frames to chose from. We found a pair we like! He's so darn handsome!
12/29: Boston and I went to an early Sunday morning movie while daddy worked & Grandpa Ron & Grandma Lisa took care of the little boys! We saw the movie Frozen and it was SO cute!!
12/30: After a Ninja Turtle sword to the mouth (thanks to his brother!) he managed to lose another tooth after just a few days of wiggling!
It's out! And the new tooth is already coming down!
1/2: First day with his glasses!
My boys.
We have done lots of rubber band bracelet making with Boston's new loom! Who knew that there were so many different ways to make one! You Tube is full of video's! Boston also got the game Monopoly Junior for Christmas, so we play that just about every day. It's one of my favorites, so I don't mind!
1/6: Doesn't he look so cute in his glasses!
1/7: Boston loves to stand & hold Bronx!
He is only allowed to do this when I am right next to him!
He is only allowed to do this when I am right next to him!
1/8: Brigs has gotten into the habit of sleeping in until 8 or later!
Now, we just need to teach Bronx to do that and mom may actually be able to catch up on some much needed sleep!
Now, we just need to teach Bronx to do that and mom may actually be able to catch up on some much needed sleep!
I told him last night at bed time that it was just a mommy, Brigham & Bronx day, and that he could play with his new playdoh when he woke up! The playdoh was out by 8:10!
Brigs is so proud of his sticker chart! I've been telling him over and over again this morning not to pee or poop in his pull up or it will make mommy sad.
He said 'I not make my mommy sad, she my best friend!' Melts. My. Heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment