Pages

Verse A Day

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Boston's Field Trips

The last two Friday's I have gone on field trips with Boston's class!  I love being a part of his school activities, but more importantly, I love that it gives me time to just focus on Boston without the little boys in tow.  He is usually really sweet when I am there and will give me a hug and thank me for coming.  I try not to pester him too much though, and just let him do his thing with his friends.  It's just so fun to sit back and watch them all interact.  I love it when the little girls point and say 'I know you!  Your Boston's mom!'.  One little girl made my day and said 'Boston, your mom looks so young!'.

On Friday, January 31st, the kids put on a program for the residents at the Inn on Westport.  It was a special time for Mrs. DeWit because her mother in law is a resident there.  She really enjoyed that her students could perform for her and they did such a great job!  After singing and reciting memory verses, the students played Bingo with the residents who were able.  It was fun to see them interacting with the older folks & vice versa.  The Inn on Westport is a beautiful facility!  Several of the kids said 'Wow!  I wish I lived here!'

 Boston & his friend Jackson




 Bingo time!


Last week Friday, Feb. 7th, two of the first grade sections went to the Family Wellness Center for an afternoon of swimming!  This was a fun day to celebrate 100 days of school!  The kids swam from about 12:15 until 2:30 so they were tired when we left!

The boys listening to the pool instructions!

 Who needs a water slide when they have a basketball hoop?!


 I just had to snap a picture of Boston swimming with the girls!

Boston continues to do well in school.  He seems to be a whiz at Math, and he doesn't get that from his mom!  The Elementary kids are doing the Reading Extravaganza this month.  We try to read for a half hour a night during the week, and then we have to turn in a reading log each week.  He is getting a lot better with his reading & is more interested in it too.  Love seeing that improvement!  Today is their first reading reward day, so the class gets to have a Gum/Game day!  He still rushes through some of his work at times, so I try to remind him every morning to take his time reading the directions because he CAN do the work when he isn't in such a hurry.  Tomorrow is a half day of school, and then he is off Friday & Monday!  Looking forward to a long weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...