Pages

Verse A Day

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Fashion Meets Faith! An event you won't want to miss!

Have you ever fallen into a wardrobe rut or looked in the mirror and felt like you weren't pretty?  Well, I have! (more times than I'd like to admit)  I can't even count the number of times I have gotten up for church on Sunday morning, stood in my closet staring at my clothes, trying on this outfit and that outfit, only to feel ugly & depressed because I have nothing cute to wear!  I'm a stay at home mom to 3 boys. My wardrobe mainly consists of sweat pants, hooded sweatshirts & t-shirts, slippers, and a few pair of jeans for that rare moment I get a date night with my husband, or have a girls night!  Does this sound familiar?  If so, then you have to check out the event that my church is hosting on March 6th!  If it doesn't sound familiar to you, I guarantee it does to a friend, neighbor or family member, so spread the word!

Fashion Meets Faith is an event you aren't going to want to miss!  Shari Braendel is a national speaker and style expert. She helps women and girls of all ages to appreciate their beauty, discover their natural assets and learn what to wear so they can look and feel their best!  She will change the way you see yourself and give you a greater understanding on the way God created you!



Shari, what is the most common fashion mistake you see?

Absolutely, by far, the greatest fashion mistake is that women think they can wear any color. It’s simply not so. There are definitely colors that will make you look better based on your individual coloring.
Another mistake is that women don’t understand that there are actually ‘rules’ in dressing. Yes, rules are made to be broken, but you have to know the rules first!

If I was going to really splurge on one item in my closet, what article of clothing should that be on?

A handbag that really shows your personality! 

As a Christian woman, how do you balance the focus on inner vs outward beauty?
By choosing to always put God first. Spend quality time with Him, not just a little time here and a little time there, but true quality time, and let Him be your guide in all areas of your life, including your wardrobe. When you do that, your inner beauty will shine thru! As for clothes, remember that fashion meets faith the minute you step into your closet and decide what to wear each day. You may be the only Christian someone meets that day…so how do you look? Are you representing Him well?

Lastly, we have had a really long winter and are wishing for warmer weather. What fashion trend or color are you most excited for this coming spring/summer season?

I’m excited about the ankle length pants and brighter colors for tops….the colors this season are absolutely yummy! Coral, hot pink, orchid, sea blue, and more. Delightful!

Here is a video that a few ladies from my church put together to help spread the word about the event!  There are several other video's online, all with great information about her events, so if you are unsure of what this event will be like, check it out!  

If you want to get your hands on a ticket, please visit the following link or visit Crossroads!

The fun starts at 6:00 with social hour and MANY great vendor booth's!  
Coffee & desserts will be served & Shari begins speaking at 7!  Come alone and meet new friends, or bring a friend, family member, your neighbor or a car load of girlfriends!    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...