Pages

Verse A Day

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mothers Day Weekend!

What a great weekend!  My boys are my world, and I thank God for blessing me with three beautiful gifts!  Derek had the weekend off, so that made the weekend 10 x better!

On Friday, I went on a field trip to McKennan Park with Boston's 1st Grade class.  When I walked into his classroom one of the girls in the class said 'I told Boston that his mom was HOT!'  Best compliment I had heard in a long time!  Too funny!  The kids had a picnic lunch at the park, played and then went on a scavenger hunt!  The weather ended up being so nice!

Jackson, Boston & Justin


 Listening to instructions from Mrs. Dewit
 Boston and some of the boys in his class.
 On the scavenger hunt!


 Class picture.



I am confident to say that Brigs is officially potty trained!  Whew!  It was easy peasy and Derek didn't think it was possible.  He is doing great!  Hasn't had a wet pull up after a nap since we started training him, and even wakes up dry most mornings!   I am so proud of Brigham!  He is very excited about wearing boxer briefs like his daddy & Boston!  He also reminds me every time he has to go to the bathroom that he stands up to pee!  We have only had one #2 accident, but have caught him hiding a few times but have gotten him to the bathroom soon enough.  When we ask him why he goes and hides in his room when he needs to go poop he says he doesn't know. Today, he just walked into the bathroom and sat down and went, so hopefully we are trained in that area too!  He has an accident every few days, mostly when he is busy playing.  I think he just forgets to go!  I remind Brigs off and off not to pee in his underwear, but I am not making him run to the bathroom every hour to try.  He is good about telling me when he has to go.  We rewarded him with some special surprises for doing such an awesome job!  One of those surprises was a trip to Cherry Berry!  It's really not about the frozen yogurt for the kids, its all about the candy!!  His other rewards were a pair of TMNT pajama's, a TMNT lawn chair and some boxer briefs!

Hanging with dad on the deck in his new chair! 
 Bronx and I reading a book.
 Fell asleep sitting up again!
 He is already a busy body!  Crawling from one room to the next and getting into everything! 
 After baseball pictures & breakfast at Phillips Ave. Diner on Saturday morning, we headed to Scheels so Brigham could ride the Ferris Wheel for the first time!  He loved it!


Boston rode in a seat by himself.  When we got stopped at the top so they could unload and reload, he did say he was kind of scared!  
 Brigs and I!
We ran into the Elgersma family at Scheels, so we all rode together!  
Poor Brigs is too little in the seat so he didn't make the picture!
Enjoying the sunshine while daddy mows!




 On Mothers Day I woke up to this!  (and a new Keurig!)
It was just so sweet that he knew a cup of coffee would make my day! I slept in a little, so he was bummed the coffee was a little cold.  

 After church, we treated Glady & my mom to Mothers Day Brunch at the downtown Holiday Inn, put on by Grill 100.  It was FABULOUS!  



 I think I am the luckiest mama in the world!
 Sunday was also Ron Ron's 56th Birthday!

Bronx is 10 months old now!  He crawls everywhere, has 8 teeth, pulls himself up next to anything and everything and is just a go getter!  He is starting to eat more people foods and less baby food and drink more from his sippy cups.  He loves to watch Jaxon and if the dog is within reach, he likes to pull on his fur and tail!  Bronx loves to be in the Baby Bjorn carrier when we are out shopping and now that he is crawling, his brothers are a little frustrated that he destroy's their Ninja Turtle tower!  He hasn't been taking the greatest naps, but is still consistent about going to bed around 7-7:30 and sleeping until 6:30-7:30 AM.  He still prefers that his mommy rock him to sleep at night, and I am totally ok with that.  It gives me a little time to reflect on how blessed I am.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...