Pages

Verse A Day

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Catching up on some July fun!

Derek and I got away this past weekend to enjoy some adult only time at the lake!  It was much needed time away from the kids needing us, but I did cry before I left the boys and I was anxious to get home to their kisses and hugs!

There are still so many fun things we haven't accomplished this summer, and a long list of home projects that haven't gotten done.  The days fly by!  Regardless of what we have on our agenda for the day, there is never a dull moment and always a memory raising these boys!

Brigham:  'Lets all be babies & sit in the crib!'  
Mom:  'Great idea!  
Then I can put clothes away without everyone destroying my nicely folded piles!'

On Friday, June 11th, I took the boys to the mall for a special treat.  I had to do some returns, but also wanted the older boys to do something memorable for Bronx for his 1st birthday!  We went to Build A Bear Workshop!  Bronx loves Jaxon, and can make his own puppy sound, so we thought giving him a puppy was perfect!  Of course, the stuffed puppy had to have his own pair of Ninja Turtle pajama's too!

Brigham & Bronx listening to the stuffing instructions!
Bronx sitting on the pedal to start the stuffing process!



The lady working let each of us put a heart in Bronx's puppy.  We had to rub it on our foreheads to make the puppy smart, rub it on our tummy's so he would never get hungry, and make a wish and give it a kiss.  The boys just loved this!

Giving him a 'bath'.

Of course the stuffed dog needs a pair of $12 Ninja Turtle pajama's.  I am a sucker.
Such a fun time!  We chose the name Bubbs for the puppy!  Maybe not the best $50 I've ever spent, but the smiles on their face & the memory makes it worth every penny!
Giving his puppy a kiss!

On Saturday, July 12th, Boston ran in his first 'race'.  He got 2nd place in the Mustache Dash!  It was a 2K, so perfect for his first event like this.  He was a little nervous, but ended up having so much fun and was so proud of how he did!  Our daycare friends invited him to participate!

Oaklee & Boston checking out all the fun things before the race!


 All tattooed & ready to run!


At the start line!



There they go!  Oaklee is in the pink shorts & Boston is in the red shorts!

 He heard me cheering so starting to smile!




 I kept cheering for him to sprint!  The race was almost over & I knew he could pass one more kid!
 'Faster B, faster!'
 And he passed him right before the finish line!  2nd Place!

 Oaklee was just a few runners behind B!
 Having a snack to get some of his energy back :)



 So proud of his medal!
 The kids were bummed that they didn't award prizes to the top finishes, but this nice lady working at the race gave Oaklee & Boston a free t-shirt!
I jokingly told Boston the night before his race that I was going to stand around cheering for him looking like this...  He didn't think that was very cool!
On Monday, July 14th, I celebrated my 34th Birthday!  The Feenstra's had pizza delivered for daycare lunch & my neighbor shared a Shiner Holiday Cheer with me!  It was a good day that ended with a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Derek!  So thankful for good health & loving friends, daycare kids & family!  

Tuesday, July 15th, I was still getting spoiled with birthday gifts!  Bennett & Kinli brought me a delicious Oh My Cupcake treat that I ate for breakfast with my coffee!  
 Bronx's new favorite snack.. marshmallows!


Boston & Brigham finished up 2 weeks of swimming lessons on Thursday, July 17th.
They both did great!  Brigham did the beginner preschool class again. (The same class he took at Augie this past winter)  I signed him up for Level 2 for Preschoolers & he was NOT cooperating, so we moved him back down.  Boston was in level 4, and will do the same level again this winter or next summer.  He was the youngest kid in his group, and just couldn't quite figure out that scissor kick with the side stroke!  He is bummed, but we are proud anyway!  He is a great swimmer...and who needs to know that scissor kick anyway?!
 It took Brigham an entire 1.5 weeks of lessons to learn to raise his hand when they said his name for roll call. This was a huge hoorah!


 It also took him until the last few days to give the baby slide a try.  It's so big and scary right?








 The little preschoolers in the deep end to practice their floating!






 He's so proud & just happy it's snack time!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...