Glady kept them Thursday until Shana got off work, and then she took the over night shift! I face timed with them before bed each night, so that was fun. I loved seeing Bronx smile when he would see me :) My mom got to the house on Friday morning so Shana could go to work, and she stayed with the boys until we got home Sunday afternoon. Grandpa Ron & Grandma Lisa took Brigham & Boston for a good portion of the day Saturday, so my mom got a nice break just taking care of one Gerd boy! She said Bronx was so good and easy to watch. Brigham on the other hand... took a little more patience. She said 'I wouldn't say he was a brat, he just doesn't want to listen and he is SO busy!'. Yes mother. Welcome to my every day life :)
Thursday: July 24. I love peaking in on the boys when they are sleeping.
Bronx is never lonely in his crib!
He was very needy. Almost like he was sensing we were packing up to leave for a few days. I didn't mind the extra snuggles though.
One of his favorite activities: emptying all the drawers that he can reach!
Reading books with daddy!
We made it to Spicer about 4PM! There were only 8 of us at first, so we all piled into the old car and took a cruise! So fun!
Face Time with the boys before they went to bed!
Beautiful sunset!
An evening boat ride!
Friday it was a bit gloomy, but that didn't stop us from trying out the new iFloat!
Derek gave the guys with the jetski!
Then Laura, Courtney, Derek and I decided to give it a try with Kyle driving the Jet Ski.
It was fun, but scary! I held on for dear life!
Friday evening ended with a delicious meal around the dinner table! It was a feast! There were lots of laughs, and a sing off between Tyler and I to Ice Ice Baby! So fun! I ended up on dish duty and broke a wine glass over my hand in the sink. Thankfully no stiches were needed!
That would have been a Green Lake first!
Saturday was beautiful! We spent most of the day on the lake & most of the evening relaxing.
We are so blessed with such a great group of friends! Now the countdown is on for the next adult only weekend.. Arizona with Evan & Jen in 38 days!!

No comments:
Post a Comment