Pages

Verse A Day

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Bronx-1.5

Bronx is a year and a half.  (19 months, and 10 days to be exact!)  I feel like we are over the baby stage with him and it's still hard for me to swallow. My baby is a toddler.   I am beginning to wonder if that feeling of longing for the newborn baby days will ever go away?  He's pure joy, and a total mama's boy!  Here are some of my most favorite things about him at this stage:
  • He loves to read Llama Llama books.  
  • Some words he has learned lately are:  nose, eyes, Olaf, Norah, Olive, cracker, stuck, and sock.
  • On Valentines night I was rocking him before bed and just when I thought he was sleeping, he reached up and squeezed my nose.  I didn't say the usual 'beep beep' because i didn't want to wake him.  Well, he gave it another squeeze, so I whispered 'beep beep' to him and he softly chuckled in his sleep.  It was the sweetest thing ever. 
  • He loves to cuddle with me at all times of the day.  If the daycare kids are playing, or even his brothers, I will say 'Bronx why don't you go play with your friends?' and he will poke me with his finger, shake his head no and say 'mama', meaning he just wants to sit on my lap or snuggle me. 
  • If you tell him something he almost always reply's 'k', meaning he understands!
  • He loves to cuddle with me at all times of the day... but lets be real, I DO need a few minutes of time each day to shower :)  He sits outside the shower watching me, and then when I get out he hands me my towel and robe!  Awe!  He has even started to grab my entire pile of dirty clothes and head to the laundry room with them!  He sure takes good care of me!
  • He is not afraid to rough house with his brothers.  We don't think it'll be long before he's bigger than Brigs!
  • He loves to grab Brigham's glasses and pull them off his face.
  • Bedtime is usually 7:30-8 and he sleeps until 7-7:30 in the morning.  I still rock him almost every night.  He did great just getting laid to bed on his own, but when we were sick over Christmas that all came to an end, and honestly, I enjoy that quiet time at night with him so I haven't bothered to put an end to it.
  • His paci is never far from reach, and he usually always has all 3 of his blankets close by. 
  • If you hum a pattern to him in different pitches, he will repeat it!   

Sunday, Feb. 1st, we had the Snyder's over for the Super Bowl!   The Patriots won!

Friday, Feb. 6:  Derek had the weekend off, so I spent the day in Hardwick with my grandma!  She taught me how to use my sewing machine!  I had gotten it for my birthday in July and hadn't even taken the time to get it out of the box!


Saturday, Feb. 7:  Big Sioux Basketball Tournament.  
Boston finished up another season of Basketball.  All of the boys made improvements every game, and they had a lot of fun!  At this age, that is most important.  Derek did a great job coaching the kids!  I love that he gets involved with one of Boston's sports.  His schedule at Billion is not ideal for young kids being involved in activities, but I am so thankful that we were able to arrange a Wednesday evening practice (Derek's day off) and that he was able to coach most of the games.  Boston enjoyed having his dad around too!  The boys went into the tournament ranked 4th.  (same record as the 3rd seed).  The boys had a tough loss in their first game of the day.  They weren't playing well in the first half, and were down by 15 points at half time!  They came back strong in the second half, but lost by 1 point.  It was such an exciting game to watch! They were SO bummed.  Lots of tears!  They played great in the 2nd game, and ended up winning by quite a bit.  It was a great way for them to the end the season!  Boston made us proud once again by his positive attitude and great sportsmanship!  

Brandt, Jacob, Lincoln, Brayden, Boston, Riley & Bennett.  Elijah was gone.

 Warming up before the 1st game at 9 AM. 


 2nd game of the day.


 The other SFC team had just finished up their game, so Jude stuck around to cheer on the boys!


Cheering on his teammates!




Derek had Boston guard some kids that were quite a bit bigger than him this year.  He hussles and stays with his guy!
Boston's teammate Jacob drained a 3 point shot at the half time buzzer!  The kids were so excited!

Grandma Peggy stayed around after the basketball game to babysit the boys for us.  We headed to a beer tasting event at The District with some friends.  It was a fun, adult night out!  
Tuesday, the 10th:  
I took the boys up to Wentworth to visit my uncle Lonny.  He ended up in the heart hospital last week and had 2 balloons put in and 1 stent.  I wanted to help him out, so I made up 10 freezer meals for him!  The boys had a great time & thought Lonny was pretty cool.  
Thursday, Feb. 12:
We had a daycare Valentine party!  Boston had his party at school & then had an early dismissal at 11:50!  He came home for some pizza & then left again for a friends birthday party!  
He is a busy kid!
 Donuts for breakfast & heart shaped pizza for lunch!
The kids always love powdered sugar donuts but they are SO messy!

Our craft for the day was a paper pizza!  It said 'You stole a Pizza my heart!'
 Boston jumping at SkyZone for Noah's birthday!
These two are getting to be the best of friends!
 Derek surprised me with some flowers after work!  
Feb. 14th:  I took the boy's to the Dinosaur exhibit at the zoo for a special Valentines day treat.   I took Boston & Brigham 3 years ago too.  I love the Timehop App!
 The zoo has such a fun play area for the kids!  Boston & Brigham were giving a penguin a check up!

 Tracy & the kids met us there.  It's always more fun with friends!
 Bronx loved the dinosaurs!  No fear!  
I remember Boston being a little scared when we went 3 years ago!










Sunday, Feb. 15:  
Enjoying our day of rest!  He napped an hour in his crib, and another hour on my lap.  The quiet time, just sitting around snuggling, is so relaxing!
Monday, Feb. 16:
Will he ever learn to keep the marker on the paper!?
 Another no school day!  Boston vacuumed the basement for me to earn his money for the Mission Haiti fundraiser at school!
 Bronx is catching up to his brother!
Tuesday, Feb. 17:  Snuggling with mama.

Feb. 19:  Rocking before nap time.  He's so spoiled.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...