Pages

Verse A Day

Monday, April 6, 2015

A special Easter guest.

Easter is always a meaningful holiday, but this year's Easter celebration was extra special for me and one that I will remember for years.

Easter morning, the boys woke up to goodie baskets from the Easter bunny.  A few weeks earlier, I accidentally confirmed Boston's assumption of who the Easter bunny really was.  I had ordered some Scholastic books from school, and when Boston brought them home I said 'Don't show those to your brothers!  They are for their Easter baskets!'.  Oops!  He looked at me with big eyes and said 'Sooo... you ARE the Easter bunny!'  He knows better than to open his mouth and ruin it for the little boys, or this Easter bunny will stop leaving him a basket :)

My mom came down and went to church with us in the morning.  The boys surprised me and ALL sat nice and quiet!  After church, we came back to the house and started getting the food ready for our Easter lunch.  The Rentschler family came down, but the most important guest this year was my uncle Lonny!  I almost teared up when he walked in my house. To make a very long story short, circumstances in life have made my mom's family drift apart over the years.  Lonny hasn't had a relationship with any of us for 6 or more years, but recently has started to come around.  He and my mom enjoyed catching up, and I just sat back thanking God for answered prayers.  The healing of health, and the mending of hearts and relationships.   So thankful He is always forgiving, and that He loves us unconditionally.

We had a delicious meal and an Easter egg hunt for the kids.  A typical get together with my family is usually short lived, but my mom and Lonny stuck around until late afternoon!  My mom made her famous Sour Cream Raisin pie, which is a favorite of Lonny's!  I loved every second of the day.

Saturday afternoon, April 4, Grandma Lisa & Grandpa Ron dropped off Easter baskets for the boys.  The baskets were made out of candy boxes!  

Easter morning.
 I think they were pretty excited about their stuff!


 A new Diary Of A Wimpy Kid book for Boston and I to read together!  


 Bronx stealing some candy!
It didn't take long for the boys to warm up to Lonny!  He brought them each a bag of chocolate!


 Out looking for eggs in the yard!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...