Pages

Verse A Day

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

End of School Year Fun!

The last few weeks of the school year are always a bit hectic, but so much fun for the kids!  When I look ahead at the week's calendar of events of school work that is due, or the sporting activities or other commitments in the evening, I often wonder how on earth we'll ever accomplish it all but we always do!
Friday, May 1st.  
Some days, a cold beer on a sunny day (at 4 PM) is just necessary!  
 This happened!  Bronx did this all on his own.  Nothing came out, but when I asked him if he pooped his pants he said Elmo!  Maybe he'll be the first one of the boys to wear underwear before his 3rd birthday!  
 Saturday, May 2:  
Boston had baseball practice & team pictures.  Brigham used a port-a-potty for the first time and thought it was the greatest thing ever, but couldn't believe that all those people used the toilet and didn't flush!  He now calls it the 'blue bathroom'!
 Boston's team.  It's the first year of kid pitch, so this outta be interesting!  
 After baseball practice & pictures, we were off to a soccer game!  
Avengers win 5-2!  You had 2 goals!






Cooling off with some Juice Stop.  This is a favorite treat of ours! 
The boys' dental office gave us free tickets to the Stampede Game!  
The boys loved it and the Stampede won!  

   May 3:  Sunday morning wrestling match!



 Another beautiful day, so we spent a few hours at the zoo while dad worked.  The baby snow monkey's loved interacting with the boys!  


 Bronx was not a huge fan, but lately he's scared of everything!  The mower, the vacuum, our dog!..



 How many Gerdes boys does it take to milk a cow?
 Bronx loved getting the water to squirt out!









Monday, May 4.  I bought donuts for Boston's class to kick off Teacher Appreciation week & their field trip today!  I bought 2 extra for the little boys.  Brigs & Bronx went to daycare for the day so I could go along to the Washington Pavilion with the 2nd graders!
Boston and his friend Jackson!


It was our first time in the Cinedome!  A very neat experience!




 After school we stopped at Oh My Cupcakes!  This has become one of mom's favorite treats!
 The boys could brush their teeth (a.k.a. mess in the water!) 5 times a day!
Friday, May 8:  Brigs went golfing with Derek, so Bronx and I had a lazy morning together.  He just loves crawling into everyone's bed and covering up.  I'm thinking he'll be ready for a big boy bed sooner than mom wants to take the crib down!
 In the afternoon, myself and the other 2nd grade room mom took over Mrs. Groen's classroom!  To show appreciation for all she does for our kids, we arranged for her to leave work a few hours early to go and get a massage! Some times a little free time is the best give ever!
 I also got to spend an hour in Brigham's classroom for Mothers Day Tea!  
The kids sang a few songs for us and then served us muffins & fruit!  It was so cute watching them carry our little tea cup & plate to us.  

 A few of my strawberries ended up on the floor.

 He is just so calm at school and even a little shy and timid!  



 Where did the time go?!  The top picture is Boston and I at his Mothers Day Tea!
 Brigs & Bronx playing catch while dad helped out with Boston's baseball practice.
Saturday, May 9.  
You had all of the grandparents at your soccer game today!  You played against the two Brummel boys and they had a tough team.  The Avengers lost and you didn't score any goals.  
You were pretty bummed!




Saturday night Derek & I went to the Luke Bryan concert! 
Grandma Peggy stayed in town after the soccer game to babysit the boys for us!  Our seats for Luke were much better than Jason Aldean & we had a railing in front of us, so lots of leg room!
 Brett ended up with a lone ticket RIGHT next to us!  What were the odds?!   There was an empty seat next to Tara & Amanda, so I ditched the boys and joined the girls!

 This was my new view!  Right on the side of the stage.  It was awesome!
 Ha!  A picture of Derek & Brett!
 Luke let a little boy from Tea up on stage with him to sing a few songs.  It was so sweet!  
Brought tears to my eyes!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...