Sunday, May 1st
Happy May Day! Brigs had a make up soccer game & it was a nice afternoon for it. My friend Heather came to watch, and then she spent another night with us! So fun to catch up. It's amazing how you can pick up right where you left off with a true friend. We don't talk that often on the phone, just random text messages, or comments on Facebook, but when we saw each other it was like we had seen each other last week. I really enjoyed having her here a few nights. Always good for others to get a glimpse of how crazy life is here with 3 boys and a baby on the way :)
Brigs scored 4 goals!
Brigs and Heather went grocery shopping after the soccer game. She insisted that she cook a big meal for us for supper. When they got home from HyVee Brigs handed me 3 red roses. One from each of my boys. So sweet that Heather did that. Brigs said 'Do you like them mommy? I was worried you wouldn't like them because they aren't purple?'. Heather's cooking was delish! I told her I wanted to keep her around!
Heather wanted to read books to the little boys before bedtime! Bronx chose a short Llama Llama book..
Brigs came upstairs with an animal encyclopedia! Heather only read about 1 animal!
Wed. May 4
Derek had the day off so he golfed in the morning & then it was a family day at home. Such a nice day! Daddy also has glasses now! Brigs is excited to look 'the same'.
Enjoying the sunshine!
Thursday, May 5
A beautiful day! The gloomy, chilly, rainy days are getting SO old, especially on daycare days. The kids were so excited to be outside most of the day and to eat lunch outside!
I like to sit outside for a few minutes during quiet time in the afternoon. I either read or just sit and enjoy the sun and quiet for a bit. Usually Bronx joins me, and we share our usual snack.. a cut up cucumber! He knows mommy needs a few minutes of quiet, so he always says 'me go swing, be quiet!'.
A beautiful day! The gloomy, chilly, rainy days are getting SO old, especially on daycare days. The kids were so excited to be outside most of the day and to eat lunch outside!
I like to sit outside for a few minutes during quiet time in the afternoon. I either read or just sit and enjoy the sun and quiet for a bit. Usually Bronx joins me, and we share our usual snack.. a cut up cucumber! He knows mommy needs a few minutes of quiet, so he always says 'me go swing, be quiet!'.
Boston had a soccer game at 5:45. He scored 2 goal, made a penalty kick and had 2 assists!
They won 5-3.
They won 5-3.
So thankful for the grandma's and grandpa's who come and watch the boys play ball. They are a huge help in entertaining the boys!
Friday, May 6
These boys are my world! A little cartoons before the 2 big boys head to school!
Saturday, May 7
Brigs had soccer pictures and then a game! The morning flew by, and when I finally looked at the clock it was time to leave and I hadn't figured out lunch for the boys yet. I quick made some turkey and cheese sandwhiches to eat at the soccer fields, grabbed some fruit and gatorade and headed out the door. We got to pictures on time, then had about 30 minutes to wait before the game started. Brigs all of a sudden says 'Mom, who's bringing my soccer shoes to the game?' Shoot! He just slipped on his regular tennis shoes..no soccer shoes today! A few minutes later Bronx looks at me and says 'Me cold mommy.' The poor kid was still wearing his pajama shorts! Thankfully I had brought a blanket along. Ugh! Pregnancy brain has officially set in. My mind is going a mile a minute and our calendar is SO jam packed with activities my heart races when I look at it! Grandpa Ron, Grandma Glady, Grandma Peggy, and our whole family (even Dad!) was there to watch Brigham's game. He was on FIRE and scored 10 goals! He even sits out half the game! Every time his little feet touched the ball, he ran it down and scored. He may be the little one on the team but he's sure fast! He was so excited to rub it in Boston's face that he held the new Gerdes Single Game Record for the most goals scored. Boston said 'Who really cares?'... :)
Most handsome soccer player EVER!
Brigham's Soccer Team: Chuckles
Brigs and his buddy Gage.
Sunday, May 8
Mothers Day!
I woke up to an unexpected gift! Derek picked out a Michael Kors backpack purse for me! He thought it would be handy to have a purse to wear because in a month, my hands will be full carrying an infant car seat and holding little boys' hands!
My last Mothers Day as a mama to all boys! A little bittersweet because my boys are my world, but we are all so excited for our little princess to arrive!
No comments:
Post a Comment