Pages

Verse A Day

Monday, August 1, 2016

Wrapped up July! Blayke is 2 Months!!

Monday, July 18

 Boston went to Augie with some friends for a Power Hour practice!  
 Tues.  Grandma Peggy had a blanket personalized for Blayke!  
 I put her on her tummy for the first time and she loved it!  Slept so well!
 Wed. July 20
Brigs & Bronx went to daycare for the day so Boston spent the entire day playing with the neighbor girl Megan.  I'm sure he'd be embarrassed to tell his buddies he has so much fun with the neighbor girls, but he does!  We are so sad they will be moving in mid August.  These kids are the only kids our boys play with in the neighborhood.  We are hoping a family moves in with young boys!!
!





Thursday:  This is what a trip to Target looks like these days!  2 carts!  1 full of kids, the other full of diapers and formula :)
 8 weeks old already!  I just can't believe it.  Our sweet little angel!

 Derek got home from work and had to 'prep' for our weekend at Green Lake..

 My creeper husband!  :)
 Friday morning snuggles before mama leaves Blayke for the first time.  I almost cried, but knew the break for Derek and I would be good, and we also knew the kids were all in good hands!

 Evening boat ride!
 Saturday, July 23rd: We woke up to a lot of rain!  Thankfully it cleared off mid afternoon so we still had a few hours to spend outside!
 A windy ride across the lake!

 'Cougar Bay' was not so wild and crazy because of the waves, so a few of the men jumped in for a few minutes and then we headed back towards home!

 I got these fun pictures of the kids!!  
Grandpa Ron giving baths!
 Alliana had fun helping her mommy take care of Blayke! 


Sunday:  We got home from the lake around lunch time.  We were so excited to see the kids!  We spend the afternoon at home catching up on sleep and laundry, then Derek and I headed to the James Taylor concert!  Glady came over and took care of the kids for us.   The concert was AWESOME!





 So fun catching up with friends!  Kelly Meyer is who introduced me to James Taylor music!
Monday we were all back to our normal routines.  Bronx has been so bad this summer about taking his swim shorts/diapers off outside and playing naked!  Thankfully the neighbor girls come and tell me right away if they see it!!


 I loved snuggling Blayke again!  I missed her while we were at the lake!  She is such an easy going baby, which is a total blessing because most of my energy goes into keeping the boys in line!

Tuesday, July 26  
Princess Blayke is 2 months.  I want to freeze time!!  I'm sad my baby is getting big so fast, but even more sad that this means my time off of daycare is that much closer to coming to an end.  WAHHHH!
Blayke had her 2 month check up with Dr. McKercher and everything checked out great.  She's about the 10% for weight and height!  

 We love seeing that cute smile! 


 Some times her cry are the real deal, and other times it sounds totally fake!  
Boston was finally ready to Cut. His. Hair!!!!  It'll be so much cooler for him!  
 I was actually starting to really like it!  


 I told him he went from looking like an 8 year old girl to a 16 year old boy!!!  So handsome!
Bronx has been using the big boy potty...when he wants!  He thinks it's fun to wear underwear, and as long as he is outside I don't mind.  I don't want pee all over the house!



Wednesday, July 27
Derek got up bright and early and started digging the hole for our new hoop!  After the hole was dug, he had to pour cement.  It was an all day project and the boys are SO excited for the hoop to be delivered!



Boston loves his little sister and when she smiles at him it's the sweetest!


Thursday
Baby girl is 9 weeks!!

Not a fan of the Bumbo at the moment!

Bronx woke up acting VERY strange yesterday morning.  He was cold and clammy, kind of out of it and just in and out of sleep while we were talking to him.  It scared Derek and I so we watched him super close.  He did end up taking an hour or two nap, and then woke up feeling fine.  He didn't act 'off' too much more other than being a little snuggling to his blanket and laying around off and on.  I wanted to take the kids to the zoo, so Thursday afternoon we made that happen!  We took our neighbor girl Megan with us.  About a half hour after we got there Bronx wasn't being himself.  He didn't want to walk anymore, so Boston and I took turns giving him piggy back rides.  He didn't want a snack and didn't want to see many of the animals.  He spiked a fever, so our trip was cut short so we could get him home to get some motrin in him.  Since he was off yesterday too, I called the clinic and  asked if we could bring him in.  Bronx did say his mouth hurt, so I was thinking strep.  I brought him right to the clinic for a throat culture and 10 minutes later we knew it was strep throat.  The meds perked him up pretty quick.

 Bronx talked about seeing the zebra's the whole time we were at the zoo!

 Where's the giraffe?!


 Of course I wouldn't bring the double stroller to the zoo... Would have come in handy!
An early bed time for this little guy.  
Friday, July 29
The boys went to Auntie Lacey's in the afternoon for a sleepover!  It was just the princess and I for a few hours in the afternoon.  When Derek got off work we went and had supper with Glady!  We played cards for a few hours too.  It was a fun night!  Blayke wore her Jordans for the first time.  Brigs LOVED it!


Saturday
It was a quite morning for mommy & Blayke!  No noisy brothers!  She got a bath and then we worked on some tummy time!



The older boys got to go to Wild Water West with Grandma Peggy for the 3M Family Fun Day.  Bronx came home and took a long nap! 
Sunday, July 31st
I can't believe another month has flown by.  I got up and headed to Panera Bread for a few hours of alone time.  Coffee, a donut and my laptop.  Nice to catch up on things!  Derek had to work at 11:00, so we don't rush out the door to church on the Sunday's he has to work.  We know this isn't ideal and not what some would choose but we finally know what works best for us, and we go with it.  Derek rarely gets a day to sleep in or just be lazy with the kids in the morning.  We treat these moments at home as a family like gold..so if Sunday morning is his opportunity to play super hero's, wrestle with the kids or watch You Tube video's of sports hilites with his boys.. that's what is best for us! 

I am all caught up on blogging AND Shutterfly books... It feels SO GOOD!! 


I know how annoying it was for my mom and dad when my sister and I fought all the time.  These boys are terrible!  They are always touching or pestering each other, so the new rule is that everyone gets their OWN cushion.  Even mom and dad!!



The summer has been GREAT so far!   One more month to enjoy before the boys are back in school and I am back to daycare.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...