Pages

Verse A Day

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Health Update!

I followed up with Neurology last week Friday, Feb. 10.  I saw one of Dr. Zimprich's Nurse Practioners, Denise Boraas.  Everything checked out well!  She answered some questions that I had and also did some more explaining of what actually happened.  One of my questions was 'Will the 'spot' that showed up as the stroke on my MRI always be there?'  I wondered if in time, that spot would disappear after everything healed, but that spot will always be there.  She said it may be a little smaller, since it probably had some inflammation when the scan was done the day of my stroke, but that for the rest of my life my brain will be damaged in that particular area.  The only healing that is going on right now is to the blood vessel that was damaged.  I'm scheduled for an MRA in early June.  This scan will tell them how my blood vessels are looking, and hopefully at that time, the vessel has repaired itself, blood is flowing as it should be, and I will hopefully be able to get off the Warfarin!

Speaking of Warfarin..  after I saw Neurology, I stopped by Avera Dawley Farms for my 2 week blood work.  My IRN was 1.3.  2 weeks ago it was 2.9, which is almost out of that 2-3 range that I need to be in.  After the 2.9 test, I stopped taking my daily dose of asprin and adjusted my Warfarin dose to 7.5 mg x 5 days a week, and then only 5 mg x 2 days a week.  After my blood work on the 10th, my primary doctor had me go down to 7.5 mg. daily.  Much easier than remembering a different dose every few days.

Overall I am feeling like myself!  I've got my sass back, most of my energy and other than a few 'off days' here or there, I really don't have any complaints.  A few weeks back I was feeling pretty blah.  It had been a late Friday night for me, and then a rush on Saturday morning, so not sure if I had over did it or what.  After a long nap in the afternoon, I started feeling better.  Then again this week, on Monday evening, I was putting away some dishes and all of a sudden got dizzy and a little queezy, so I made my way to the couch and called my neighbors.  Boston and Derek were at basketball practice, so I just wanted to know that in case of an emergency, someone was close by!  Of course, the sweet people that they are, didn't want me sitting home alone so they came down and sat with me until Derek got home.  I drank some water and after a half hour, felt totally normal again.  So bizarre, and so hard not to worry that it's the worst.  I had a similar episode on Wed. evening, so I stopped at Urgent Care before my Bible study so see if I could have my INR checked.  I was worried my blood was getting too thin, and that was the culprit of the 'off' feeling.  They wouldn't check it at Urgent Care and told me I had to go to the hospital to have it checked.  By this time I was feeling better, so I just skipped a trip to the ER.  So frustrating!  I did however call my doctor Thursday morning and requested that my INR be checked on the 17th, rather than waiting until the 24th, so I went in Friday morning.  It was 1.5, so my blood still isn't thin enough.  I'm very frustrated.  I hate the up and down of this, and have quested that my primary doctor consult with my neurologist about possibly just putting me on a completely different medication.  I want my blood to be thin enough for my vessels to heal, and to prevent another stroke from happening!  I'm hoping for a phone call on Monday from either my primary doctor or neurologist, about a new plan!

All in all though, we are back to our normal and I am still so thankful every day for feeling as good as I do.  The Nurse Practioner that I saw reminded me again how lucky I am that I was discharged with NO long term side effects, and that I was able to come home without an order for PT, OT and speech therapies.  GOD IS GOOD!

February is whizzing on by!  We are LOVING this nice spring like weather.  The kids have spent a lot of time playing outside!  Blayke even loves the fresh air.  The sunshine and fresh air are just so refreshing after months of being cooped up because of the darn snow!

Feb. 3
 Not only is this little princess not crawling or rolling around...she also only holds her bottle if she HAS too!  
Feb. 5
I am loving the new Bible study I joined!  The group AND the study are great!!  We are meeting every other Wed. evening, which works great because Boston has to be at church for Cadets anyway!
 
Monday, Feb. 6
These girls look pretty excited about the Patriots winning the Super Bowl last night!!

Tuesday, Feb. 7
It was a smaller daycare crew, so my friend Tosha helped me transport the group to our church for play time in the gym!  The kids had a blast!

 Blayke is ALWAYS smiling!!
Wed. Feb. 8
Brigham's Kind. class went on a field trip to the Breadsmith!  





 Brigs was so excited to try his very own loaf of bread!
Feb. 9
The kids watched an animated version of the book Pete The Cat And His Magic Sunglasses!  They love doing fun things like this!  







Friday, Feb. 10
We are loving the warmer temps, but loving it even more that daddy is off work for 4 days!!!
 So tired he just crashed on my lap!
 Blayke is starting to eat some Gerber Puff snacks and Gerber Yogurt Melts.  She loves them!
 Derek and I had a date night to the movies.. and I had to get my picture taken with Batman for the boys!
Feb. 13
Brigs has talked quite a bit about his reading buddy Devin.  Devin is a 4th grader, just like Boston!  He came home from school today SO excited that he had gotten an early Valentine treat from Devin.  It was a little activity bag that Devin had made himself, and inside it was a mix and match puzzle.  So so nice of him to do that!  It made Brigham's day!
 Valentines Day!
Blayke's first Valentine from her daddy!  
I've never seen anything like this, but this is what he picked!  So sweet!
And these were mom's flowers that Brigs picked!
 Bronx choose these because he knew I loved purple!  Such sweet little ones!
Boston was busy playing outside with his neighbor friends, so he didn't want to go with Derek to the store for flowers.. so I got this sweet note from him!
Since I couldn't help out with the Kindergarten Valentine Party we offered to bring snack & drink!
22 bags of Popcorn Valentine Crunch!
 Boston's first year making a Valentine box for school!
 We played Musical Hearts with the daycare crew & decorated a Valentine bag!  

 

 Blaykes Valentine for her mommy!  HA!  Poor thing has always cried a bit when she pooped, so we started giving her a little bit of miralax in a few of her bottles each week.  It's working!
 I guess Brigs had never eaten a Fun Dip before?!  (One of mom's favorites!).  He dumped ALL the sugar on the table and then soaked his stick (and hand) in the color sugar!  
 Late night Bible homework.  When I asked Boston why this wasn't done right after school he said 'Well since you didn't go to a Christian school I didn't think you would know how to help me!'.  He's probably right.  I struggle with a lot of this homework!  Derek gave us each a Bible lesson..that wrapped up at 10PM!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...