Mr & Mrs. Gerdes!
On Saturday, May 15th, 2010, Derek & I were re-married! We had our ceremony down town at Paramount Studio. (super neat place!!) The day was perfect, and I couldn't have asked for a more memorable day! I have intentions to share with all of you some of our previous marrital struggles and about our divorce, but right now I can't put into words what I'd like to say, so we will leave that for another blog entry or two. We do strongly believe that everything happens for a reason and all that we've been through was part of God's plan for our lives. We also believe that we were put through this difficult journey so that we can help other young married couples going through some of the same struggles, and hope to expand on that work through our church some day. Right now though, we are praising God for how he brought Derek's and I's hearts together again. We love having our family together and without the prayers and support from our wonderful family and friends this wouldn't be possible. God is good, and it is because of His Grace, we are given second chances!
Boston with Grandma Glady. Boston looked adorable in his suit! Our wedding day was an extra special day for the Gerdes family, as it would have been Jerry's (Derek's dad's) 65th birthday. We know Jerry was watching us from heaven with a smile on his face.
The kiss!
My friend Tracy Pollard took pictures of us before the ceremony. She did an incredible job! Here are just a few of the pictures she's shared with me so far... I'm getting the rest this weekend and I am very excited!!
You looked gorgeous on your wedding day! I love your pictures and can't wait to see more. I'm so happy that your little family is back together again. Praise the Lord!
ReplyDelete