Pages

Verse A Day

Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Surprise 30th Birthday Party!

For those of you that don't know me real well I have something to confess...  I'm a bit anal.. I like to be in control, work off a schedule and am very particular about our spending at times.  Yesterday, Derek calls me and says he wants me ready at 5:00, and that we are having a "date night" and that he had already lined up my dad & Lisa to babysit Boston.  He said i'm always whining that he never plans anything special for us so he thought tonight he would.  I was irritated! I had RSVP'd on Friday to our neighbors backyard party, so just couldn't get over the fact that Derek was changing our plans for the night when we had already committed to being at our neighbors party.  I went on and on about how our neighors would be disappointed we were backing out, and that Boston was going to be so mad he coudn't swim in their waterslide pool as I had been telling Boston ALL morning that we'd be going to the party later and that he had to be patient about swimming in the pool!  I also texted him saying "Do you really think we should be going out to eat again when we just went out with friends last night and spend $65 at the Outback?!  Can't we just do date night next weekend?!"  So anyway, Derek got an ear full from me all day...So fine, I'm thinking to myself "he wins".  I rush across town to get Boston's to my dads by 5:00 so that I can be home and ready to go out on my "date night" with Derek.  He gets home from work at 5:15...slowly showers...slowly gets dressed...and by now i'm OVERLY annoyed because i've been ready and waiting for 30 minutes!

We finally get in the car to go to the Olive Garden (he told me we were going to the 7:20 movie when we were done).  He's driving in the wrong lane on 41st street- almost misses the turn into Olive Garden so I bitch about that...and I bitch about the huge line of people waiting to be seated! (Here he was purposely trying to miss our turn because he was trying to kill some time.  He thought the line of people may have been some of the guests to my party!)  So anyway, we get into the Olive Garden, tell them "Gerdes, party of 2" and they immediatly take us to be seated.  Very strange since there are 100 people waiting to be seated..but I was like "sweet, i'm starving!" And there they were!  All my family and close friends saying SURPRISE!!  I had NO CLUE this was going on.  I had such a great time, and can't thank Derek and my sister enough for planning me a party!  The really funny part about all of this was that I planned my OWN get together/party for Wed. night this week!  I told my friends and even Derek's mom "Derek won't plan me a party so i'm planning my own!" 

I do feel awful for being so mean to Derek..and whining all day about how he was "changing up our plans!"  I've apologized several times and he says i'm forgiven.  He just thinks it's hilarious he fooled me!  I had a wonderful party and I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family!  Thank you all so much for making my "Big 3-0" so special!  Enjoy the birthday party pictures:)

The Birthday Girl!
Boston thought it was pretty fun that he got to be in on Mom's Surprise!
Our Family!
My Cake!! 
Blowing out all the candles..I missed 1 :)
Friends!

Everyone came over to our house after we ate.  We visited and played bean bags!  A storm rolled in a little later so we moved the party into the garage for a bit!

1 comment:

  1. happy birthday today jamie!! 30 is the new 20, ya know ;)maria

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...