Pages

Verse A Day

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Packing our bags!

The past few days i've felt 'different'.  My new work schedule started this past week so I worked 2 full days on Thursday and Friday and in the evenings I was NOT comfortable.  Friday and Saturday night I had a lot of contractions, pressure and pains.  Friday night the contractions were 6 minutes apart but not overly painful, just very uncomfortable. The contractions eventually went away when I went to bed.  The same thing happened again last night.  I know from my doctor appointment this past week that the baby's head is very low and i've made good progress with being dilated to a 2 and 80% effaced, so with all the added pressure and pains, I just have a feeling this baby will come sooner than the 27th.  I see my doctor again on Wednesday so i'll find out then if i've made anymore progress!  This afternoon Derek was asking me if I knew what kind of food they would have for him to eat at the hospital..  I think he is just as anxious as me, but for different reasons!?  Avera's Labor and Delivery unit is all brand new so it will be so different than when we were there having Boston! They now have a "dad lounge" with flat screen tv's and recliners, so i'm pretty sure Derek will be spending a lot of time there.   

This morning I started packing up my hospital bag and got started on packing Boston's as well.  He will be staying with Grandpa Ron and Grandma Lisa when it's time to head to the hospital.  Other than a few items that will have to be thrown into the bags last minute we are ready to go! 

My friend Tracy, who has her own photography business, came over yesterday and took some baby bump shots.  We were limited to what we could all do in doors, but she still got some great pictures!  I've only seen 3 pictures so far, so i'm anxiously awaiting to see the rest this week!  Here is a sneak peak from Tracy Pollard Photography!  Some of the pictures she took will have to wait to be posted until after the arrival of baby Gerdes.. ;) 

Baby Bump- 37 weeks!
 Boston kisses my belly about 5 times a day.  It's just so precious.  He will come over and kiss my tummy and say "I love you baby".  He is going to be such a great big brother!
 This is just a random shot of Boston posing for the camera!  He came up with this pose all on his own!  Could he be any more handsome?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...