Pages

Verse A Day

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The week is flying by!

The days and weeks just fly by around here! Only 2 1/2 more weeks until Baby Gerdes is due to arrive!  I'm overly anxious and so ready to not be pregnant anymore, but know that the next few weeks will fly by if the baby does decide to wait until the end of March to meet us! 

I've been cleaning like a fool, running all of my errands, and stocking up on groceries and neccessities for the house.  Yesterday I had a doctor appointment and everything continues to look good!  I hadn't gained any weight and was measuring at 35 weeks rather than 37 but the doctor wasn't concerned at all.  The baby has a strong heartbeat and continues to bee-bop around quite a bit so I think it's enjoying itself :)

I also got my hair cut yesterday, grocery shopped and we took Boston to the dentist for his 6 month check up!  On the way home from the dentist Boston said he was warm so Derek rolled down the window for him.  He says he's hot in the car quite a bit so I didn't think much of it.  When we got home he said he was hot again, and even layed on the kitchen floor to cool off.  I took his temp and it was fine, so again didn't think much of it.  He perked up a bit and asked for a snack so I got him an orange and he headed downstairs to watch cartoons.  About 10 minutes later he came up the steps puking.  We got him and the carpet cleaned up and had him lay down to rest.  That lasted about a half hour and he was asking to go play toys and eat more for snack!  I'm not sure what caused the puking, but it was the quickest little 'bug' we've ever had around here!  He's been his normal wild-crazy self ever since :)

I am off work now until next week Wed. morning!  I am not enjoying the full days when I do work, but having a week off at a time is wonderful.  I hadn't slept well in several nights so last night I took some Tylenol PM and slept for 9 hours. (minus getting up to pee about 7 times!)  It was great waking up feeling refreshed for another day!  We are heading up to Sanford later today to visit our new neice Izzy who was born last night.  (Derek's brother Jeff and his girlfriend G's baby)  Boston is exited to see his new cousin!  We will also stop by and visit Derek's aunt Mary who has been in and out of the hospital quite a bit lately.  She has battled MS for a long time and has really went down hill these last 6 months.  Please keep her in your prayers. 

Well, that's about it for today's journal entry.  I'm sharing a few pictures from earlier in the week of Boston in his couch cushion fort.  He is entertained for hours in here!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...