Pages

Verse A Day

Monday, June 20, 2011

'Thats how my way rolls!'

Boston says the funniest things! Lately i've been keeping track of his silly comments on my iPhone so that I could put together a blog post for all of you to enjoy! Derek thinks he's going to be an Engineer when he grows up, I think he'll be a comedian :) 

One day as he was eating lunch I was commenting on how long it was taking him.  It seriously took him 40 minutes to eat one hot dog..  Anyway, his reply to me was 'Mom, that's how my way rolls'. 

As we were driving in the car one day Boston was whining about not having a sister so I said 'Maybe mom will have another baby some day'. (that's a HUGE maybe...)  He replied 'Maybe! God will have to make that decision'.

Boston got these really neat Trio building blocks for his birthday.  It came with a neat little booklet of different things you can build, and it tells you exactly what blocks are needed and how many.  Boston asked me to build him one of the figures.  I thought it was a bull so when I was finished I said 'Wow, that's a cool looking Bull!'  He responded with 'That's not a bull.  Bull's have weiny's that hang to the grass'.  My mouth dropped open!  I just couldn't believe he said that and then wondered where on earth he learned that from!  He said the TV told him..?! 

Here's a picture of Boston showing off one of his Trio building block creations.  He can't follow the instruction booklet to build any of the suggested items, but he can easily put together the pieces in a matter of minutes to have a new 'blaster'!

Derek and I were outside with him so he could ride his go-kart up and down the street.  He took off real fast and said 'I'm going to Target!'.  I asked him what he was going to Target for and he said 'I'm going to Target to get us some beer!'

Most of you know I got pulled over for speeding a few weeks ago.  Thankfully I was alone in the car because i'm sure it would have scared Boston.  Anyway, now whenever he see's a cop he'll kindly say 'Mommy, you got copped once'.  :)  I think it's so cute how he says 'copped' instead of picked up! 

If Brigham is a little needy and I have clothes to fold, or something else to do for a few minutes, I'll ask Boston to help entertain him. I made the mistake of saying to Boston one day 'Is it really killing you to play with Brigham for a few minutes?'   Now, whenever Boston has to help out with Brigham he'll say 'It's killing me!'...after a few minutes of helping.

I bought English muffins a few weeks ago and Boston asked what they were.  When I told him they were English muffins he said 'Do they help you speak English?'

Now that Boston is 5, I keep telling him he has to help me more with things around the house, or things pertaining to Brigham.  The other day when I asked him to help me with something he said 'No Mom, 5 year olds just relax'.  HA!!  30 year olds like to relax too and that rarely happens :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...