Pages

Verse A Day

Thursday, June 23, 2011

I am never bragging about getting sleep again..

I will never brag or make comments again about how much sleep i'm getting... because Brigham is back to his old ways again and I am once again sleep deprived and a little irritable because of it :) 
He has been drinking more than normal so it could be a growth spurt?  Some nights it's because he has rolled from his tummy to his back during the night and he can't fall back to sleep.. Last night was the worst.  I put him to bed at 8:30 and he was up at 11, 1:30 and 3:45.  I heard him again at 5:45 so I went in and rolled him back over to his tummy and he went right back to sleep and wasn't up until 8:20.  I think i'm going to try letting him cry himself back to sleep if he has another bad night tonight.  I know he doesn't need to be up eating all night and honestly, this mama cannot function on little amounts of sleep. 

Aside from Brigham not sleeping well, things are good :)  We finished up a week of VBS on Thursday night with a program for all the parents and grandparents.  Boston was more into screwing around with his friends than singing, so that was a little disappointing, but typical Boston behavior!  This past weekend my mom camped at Yogi Bear right outside of Sioux Falls so we spent all day Saturday hanging out with her.  Brigham did great being out by the pool all afternoon, so once the weather warms up around here, I am going to attempt taking both boys to Wild Water West!  It has been a gloomy, rainy and cool week so we are praying for sunshine!  Boston ended up spending the night with Grandma Peggy in the camper on Saturday night.  He loved that.  When I picked him up Sunday I noticed he sounded a little hoarse.  I looked in his throat and saw some white pockets...so off to Acute Care we went.  Sure enough, it was strep throat.  He never once complained of not feeling well, so luckily, I think we caught it right away. 
Tonight Boston has his last night of Tball!  We'll have a few weeks off with no activities and then soccer and swimming lessons start after July 4th.  Derek's sister Chelsea and her family will be here from New Mexico soon, so we are looking forward to spending time with them and anxious to introduce them to Brigham! 

One of the few pictures I got of Boston actually singing and doing the actions!
 Brigham's first day at the pool!
 Boston & Brennan swam all afternoon!
 Derek came to the campground after work and my mom grilled us all some food! 
 So many people comment that Brigham looks a lot like me, and I do agree.  However, there are times I look at Brigham and think "wow, you look like your papa!".  This is one of those moments..  It might be the expression on his face.. this is definetely one of Jerry's facial expressions! 
 Yogi Bear campground is SO MUCH FUN!  Boston & Brennan are in the back corner riding the Yogi trolly around the campground.  I convinced Derek to let us rent a cabin there for a weekend in August for a mini family vacation.  I think it'll be a lot of fun!  There are so many activities for the kids so Boston will really enjoy it!  If Derek had a normal work schedule and didn't have to work every Saturday I would really consider buying a camper!  I just think going away on camping trips a few weekends a month would be so much fun, and great family memories for the boys.  Maybe next summer!?
 The other morning I put Brigham down for a nap.. he just looked up at me and was full of smiles so I had to run and grab the camera! 
 Boston showing off his Transformer 2 Burger King toys.  He has played with them every day since he got them!  Boston doesn't know how lucky he is having an aunt and uncle work at BK!  Thank you Shana!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...