Sunday night, Derek, Boston and I caught the tail end of the movie 'Marley & Me' on tv. I bawled. Not just a few tears, but a lot of tears, and the sniffles and stuffed up nose afterwards to go with it. Boston cried too, but i'm not sure if he cried because the movie was sad or because he saw his mama crying. It's such a sad movie, and it really makes me stop and think about us in that same situation some day with Jaxon. He's 8 now, and even though 75% of the time we wish him dead (well not really, but you know what I mean) I will bawl my eyes out the day he really does 'go to sleep forever'.. He's a part of our family even though he's 'special' and annoys the hell out of us!
This afternoon, Boston asked if we could go outside and play. Brigham was down for a nap, and Boston knows that is his outside time with me. As we were walking out the front door, I gave Jaxon a little 'shimmy with my foot' so he would get out of the way. Boston never asks if we can bring Jaxon outside with us, but today he did. We got him on his leash and off they went running up and down the sidewalks together. It was cute, until Boston tripped and scraped his knee. (Yes, this really happened)
After a few minutes of running around, Boston gets this crazy idea.. He pretended that he was selling Jaxon, and he was going door to door to try and find him a new home. When he came to our house selling, I had to go along with it.. This is a recap of our conversation.
Boston: Hello mam, would you like a dog?
Me: Um, I don't know. What kind of a dog is he?
Boston: He's a laying down dog and a sleeping dog.
Me: What's the dogs name.
Boston: Spike
Me: Ok. And what does he eat?
Boston: 1 cup of food and 1 cup of water. Then if he runs out just give him more.
Me: Where does he poop and pee?
Boston: Outside or Inside
Me: And what do I do with all that poop in my yard? Can I just pick it up and throw it in my neighbors yard?
Boston: NO! You throw it in the garbage or put it in your toliet!
Me: Is he healthy or is he sick?
Boston: He itches and scratches, but that's it.
Me: How do I make the itching stop?
Boston: Don't you have some medicine you could give him?
Me: Yeah, i'm sure I can find something for him. I have a baby. Does he like kids.
Boston: Yep, he likes kids. He's a great dog.
Aww! It was just so funny listening to him try and sell Jaxon. I know Boston would love it if Jaxon played fetch or did tricks, but he doesn't... and I am pretty sure there is no hope in teaching him. We're just stuck with the 'laying down and sleeping dog'. :)
Boston & Jaxon
Boston dragging Jaxon on a run!
Jaxon. He looks so sweet and loveable when he's just laying around, and you can't smell him!
No comments:
Post a Comment