On Wednesday morning, July 13th, we headed to Omaha with our friends (The Elgersma's) to go to the Omaha Zoo. We were wondering a few weeks ago if we were even going to be able to get there because of all the flooding and closed roads. We did detour about 30 miles, but it wasn't too bad. The flooding is crazy to see in person. I was a little scared by the tall sandbags along the roads, keeping the water away. I just kept thinking that at any minute the road could be washed away.. not sure how safe those roads actually are, but we made it safely! We spent about 5 hours at the zoo and then headed to our hotel. The kids were getting tired and we were all getting a little warm! Jada & Boston enjoyed swimming with their dad's while Renae and I took care of the babies. We ended the night with supper at Texas Roadhouse. Derek mentioned I was celebrating a birthday the next day so they brought the saddle over to our table. There was no way I was getting on it so Boston did it for me! The waitresses hooted and hollered their birthday song and the next thing you know, Brigham and Chloe were both screaming! It was a fun night! We enjoyed getting away from home for a few days and will definetely be planning another mini vacation with them! I think Boston's former girlfriends may have some competition because he sure loves hanging out with Jada!
Our group at the zoo! The kids were so good!
I guess Derek thought it would be fun to make a 'i'm so scared of the sharks' face :)
The aquariam is Boston's favorite part of the zoo. He could have watched the sharks for hours!
Boston & Jada
A picnic lunch in a perfect spot :)
Renae and I
Derek & J standing in line for the Skyfari.
I love the Gorilla exhibit!
Boston's impression of the Tiger. Scary!
Renae and I with the kids on the Skyfari. Renae isn't a big fan of heights but she was brave!
Relaxing in the hot tub!
Brigham wasn't quite sure what to think. The water was a bit chilly!
Thanks for the invite Elgersma family! We had a great time and hope to do it again sometime!
No comments:
Post a Comment