Pages

Verse A Day

Sunday, September 25, 2011

30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge!

Life is busy, and there are many times that one day runs into the next with all the different activities we have going on. Derek wakes up and heads out the door for work by 7:45 AM, and some evenings when he gets home, Brigham is already in bed and Boston and I are soon to follow. For those of you that don't know me real well, sleep is my second favorite thing after coffee :) There are day's he barely gets a chance to interact with the kids, let alone for the two of us to engage in deep conversation. We have great intentions of having a date night a few times a month, but it's hard to get away when you have kids, and can't find a sitter. Because of this craziness, there are times that I take Derek for granted. He busts his tail for our family, and I don't tell him or show him often enough how much it means to me. He is such a good father and I can't remember the last time I told him that, or thanked him for being a good example for the boys.. I am Blessed to be his wife, but struggle to encourage him and show him how much I love him.

When a friend recently invited me on Facebook to participate in the '30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge' I knew I wanted to participate, but I also knew I wanted to encourage all of you to do the same. I haven't blogged much about 'our story', and the marital struggles Derek and I faced, and continue to face, (no marriage is flawless) but I feel the Lord calling me to do that. In time, when I can put the words together I will share more. For now though, I am taking this challenge, starting October 1st, and hope you join me! I will update my blog each week on how it's going and how it's affecting myself and Derek. I am positive that this will be an awesome experience!

Here is the link to the rules of the challenge, and daily Bible verses and specific ways you can encourage your husband along the way! One of the rules is that you have to share something you admire and appreciate about your husband to him, and to someone else, every day! If you aren't sure who that someone will be, share it with me! I would love to hear from you! You can send me a message via Facebook, email, or better yet, comment on this blog post and share it with everyone reading!! If you screw up one day, it's ok! Just start back up the next day!

It is my prayer that my own marriage will be strengthened, but I will also pray for yours. Mark your calendars now, October 1st will be here before we know it!


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to doing this challange. I pray that it will bring my husband abd I closer. Who knows what wonderful blessings will come of such a great challange.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...