My mouth waters anytime I see Chicken Caesar on a menu. If they have a Chicken Caesar Salad, or a Chicken Caesar wrap, 9 times out of 10, that's what I order. I found this Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwich recipe on Pinterest a few weeks ago. I prayed it wouldn't be another recipe disaster. Prayers answered!
YUM! I loved it, and so did Derek and Boston! Brigham, not so much, but he isn't eating anything lately. However, he did manage to shovel more cheeto's in his mouth than it could hold. That made for a cheesy mess, but a happy baby, so we went with it!
Next time I make this we are going to try it on a wrap! ENJOY!
Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwhiches
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (I used breasts because that's what I had on hand!)
1 cup of your favorite Caesar dressing
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley, or 2 teaspoons of dried parsley (I used dried)
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
12 slider buns or 4-6 regular sized hamburger buns
- Place chicken in a slow cooker with 1-2 cups of water, cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken and drain the water from the slow cooker. Place chicken on a cutting board and pull chicken into shreds, discarding any fat.
- Place chicken back in the cooker and pour dressing, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper over the top. Stir until mixed evenly. If you think it's a little dry, add some more dressing! Cover and cook on high heat for 30 minutes or until mixture is hot.
- Put the mixture on your buns and top with extra shredded Parmesan cheese and lettuce to serve.
And this my friends, was one delicious supper!
FYI: If you ever need to reference a recipe from my blog, just click on Cooking 101 on the right hand side of the blog. That will take you to ALL of my recipes!
* Updated 2/28: We tried the wraps and they were delicious! I bought 2 bags of Mission wraps. The Garden Spinach Herb & Sun Dried Tomato Basil flavors and we added chopped tomato, lettuce and Caesar or Ranch Dressing to the wrap. YUMMY!
No comments:
Post a Comment