Pages

Verse A Day

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bucket List Update!

Just a little update on my 2012 Bucket List!

1. Have more meals at the table. All 4 of us. With prayer and devotions.
This isn't happening any more this year than it did last year.  I blame my husbands work schedule for most it, and my lack of cooking a meal for the rest :)  I promise to get better with this in Feb.  It's my goal for a Sunday meal at the table, Monday evening, and Friday or Saturday evening.        

2. Take a 'big' vacation. Disney World would be fun.
This just won't be happening in 2012, and I am perfectly OK with it!  Derek and I sat down and talked about our financial goals for the next few years and taking a trip and saving like we want just aren't realistic, so the vacation is on hold.  
 
3. Make a monthly date night a priority.
Last month we went to my former bosses house for a late Christmas gathering.  Not really a 'date' but it was a fun night out of the house, so it counts!  This month we actually have 2 date nights planned!  The boys are going to spend the night with Grandma Glady tonight and we are doing a date night swap with some friends' kids in a few weeks!   Tonight, it's movie night & on the 18th we are going to try out Luciano's downtown! 

4. Learn to knit, crochet, or quilt, or all 3.
This goal has gotten as far as me making a list of the things I need to start knitting.  I have found a ton of 'do-it-yourself' crafts/project idea's on Pinterest, so it's not like I'm not being artsy fartsy, plus we had a busy week of doing some home improvements so I think that counts as success?!

5. Read the entire Bible.
I am right on track and I can't even believe it!  I am learning so much!  1 month down, 11 to go!  I have a little story to share..

A week into January I went out to get my mail.  Inside the mailbox was a package.  My first thought was, 'Oh my word.  What did I accidentally click to order from my iPad?!'   I got inside, opened up the package and in it was a 'The One Year, Chronological Bible', with no return address or name of sender.  It only took me about 10 minutes to figure out who it came from, as she had suggested I read the Bible chronologically.  It came from my High School English Teacher!   She is a great Christian woman, and has been such an encouragement to me in my Faith.  This Bible has made reading on a daily basis SO much easier!  Thank you again Sandra!

6. Finish 10 years of my Grandma Ellen's diaries.
I wish I had more time for this, but life is just so busy and I am not able to dedicate a ton of time to it.  I go in spurts.  One week I type up several months in one week, and then I may not get to it again for a few weeks.  I started the journals in October and I am just wrapping up year #2 (1933).  Getting 10 years done in 2012 is still achievable!

7. Help out a local organization by gathering volunteers or collecting items or money to donate.
I volunteered a day in my hometown at a new church, and also organized a used book drive with my GEMS class for the Ronald McDonald House! 
  
8. Spend smart & save more!
The best part about this is that Derek and I are usually never on the same page with finances.  He typically has no idea what a month of groceries really cost, or what we spend a month on diapers, wipes, formula, etc.  Mint.com has helped a TON with this, and in January we sat down and talked about our budgets and financial goals.  This was huge for us!  What a good feeling to be on the same page for once!  We were under our gas budget and a little over on groceries in Jan, so we'll see what Feb. brings!   

9. Send out Birthday, Get Well, or Thinking of You cards to people who wouldn't be expecting it.
A few cards were sent, but I didn't do as well as I hoped.  Feb. is a new month!

10. Get my 4th tattoo. Brigham's name.
Not done yet, but I am thinking about what I want and where! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...