Pages

Verse A Day

Saturday, January 28, 2012

'When you're up there, and I'm down here..'

Boston got a car molding kit for Christmas, so yesterday afternoon I secretively set the molds, since it took 6-12 hours for them to dry.  I was smart and spared myself the 'Are the cars dry yet mama?' every 10 minutes. Last night, as I was tucking him into bed I surprised him with the cars!  He thought they were really cool and he couldn't wait to paint them today!  This is where the conversation went from there..

Boston: You know that heart shelf I made you that hangs by the washing machine? Maybe we could put the cars on that after I paint them?
Me: But nobody will see them in the laundry closet.
Boston: Well, when you die..
Me: (I put on my pouty, sad face.)
Boston: Well I'm just saying.. When your up there (he points to Heaven) and I'm down here (he points to the floor) I'm going to get your house.
Me: Oh really?! You think when mama dies your going to get to keep my house?! What about daddy?
Boston: Well, when he's up there too. (points to Heaven again). I'm going to get his job too.
Me: Your going to live in our house and sell cars?
Boston: No, I guess I want to be a TV guy. You know, like Grandpa Ron. A fixer guy.



Earlier in the day he told me he wanted to be a Scientist when he grew up, even though he had no idea what a Scientist did.  Now, he wants to live in our house and be a 'Fixer Guy' when Derek & I are 'up there'.  At least the kid wants to be somebody!   

Derek and I laughed until we had tears. The things this kid says..

So today, we are in Target and he is begging me to play his games on my phone when we get to the car.  I told him I would think about it.  If he was good.  As soon as we get to the car he says:

Boston:  Mom, I prayed to God while we were in Target that you would let me play your phone.
Me:  I see.  And what did God say?
Boston:  He said he would send down a special message to your brain to say yes.

On our way home, we stopped by Burger King for lunch, and we were telling Shana about Boston praying to God to let him play my phone.  Shana asked him what God's voice sounds like. 

In a deep, raspy, Megatron-sort-of-voice, he said, 'I. AM. GOD.' 

Shana and I lost it!

When we got home from Burger King it was time for Brigs to take a nap.  Boston spotted a snowman a few houses down from ours, so I promised him we would make one today.  I haven't made a snowman in Y.E.A.R.S.  I forgot how much work it is..and maybe today wasn't the best day for it.. but we did it anyway.  None of our rocks were sticking to it for the eyes, nose, mouth and buttons, so we decided to paint ours!  It's small, but perfect, and Boston loves it!








1 comment:

  1. Boston is such a cutie...how can you resist that face? I don't think I'd ever be able to tell him no, especially when he's telling stories like those!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...